Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone? I found out today that insurance is totaling my bike. I'm not sure if I want to buy a brand new one or fix this one back up. The bike would probably cost around $2500 to fix back up. To list the big parts - I would need all fairings, radiator, instrument cluster, headlight assembly, throttle cables, and a fairing stay. Insurance gave me a ball park buy back price from $1200-1600.

I'm just not sure if it would be worth putting all that money into a bike that will have a salvage title and 30,000 miles. What do you all think?

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
buy it and switch it to a track bike

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
hell yeah buy it back. you can't buy a bike rebuilt with a salvage title for much less than $5K plus you know the history on this one... for those parts replaced to make a track bike would cost ya maybe $1500 and can put the rest in upgrades!

·
Registered
320 Posts
30,000 miles, wow; I wish I could ride my bike that many miles

:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Buy it back either way, that's what i did with my rr and just parted it out. I payed 1300 to get it back, and lets just say i've made a lot more than that back selling it on ebay. Unless the bike is completely messed up you shouldn't have a problem getting your money back. Even with that many miles and the salvage title you'll still be able to get close to a $1000 for the frame alone on ebay.

·
0 Posts
buy it back leave the fenders off buy a cage and 12 bar, fix the major stuff and turn it into a stunt bike!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
damn, 30,000 miles. thats insane! if they're only giving you that much for it, might as well take it back. but then again i think it'd be bad luck but thats me.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
moeman said:
buy it and switch it to a track bike
+1 you should buy it back

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Buy it back. Just make sure that you will not get in over your head putting it back together. If that is all the damage then it should be easy to fix.

Do you think anything else might be damaged? That is not a bad price if they give it to you for that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
To buy a crashed bike most of the time you have to go a private auction with lisence for that stuff, or you can go to bike shop that specialize in body work most of the time they go there to buy crahsed bike and fix it too.

And also, RYAN42657 how much they giving you for your bike with 30K on it...just curious...and what insurance company you got?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts