Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my buddy has an 03 cbr that has been laid down b4 with 11,000 and he really didn't care much about it as in he would leave it out in the rain and snow. The bike appears to run fine since I go riding with him occasionally and i've ridden it b4. So my question is... He said he want to sell it and he said he would give it to me for 2500. Should I buy it or what?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
so my buddy has an 03 cbr that has been laid down b4 with 11,000 and he really didn't care much about it as in he would leave it out in the rain and snow. The bike appears to run fine since I go riding with him occasionally and i've ridden it b4. So my question is... He said he want to sell it and he said he would give it to me for 2500. Should I buy it or what?
if you can have a competent person check it out and it checks out fine, everything working, i dont see why not.

the only thing I really would ask is what is wrong from the bike being laid down?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
:+1:

I would suggest working something out... if you have doubts/concerns I would ask to test ride the bike for 2days. Get it checked out, and actually ride it. 2500 is a good deal.

Did he replace the parts damaged from the crash? Also I would check to see what the status of the title is... salvage or clean. Just food for thought.

I know he is your friend be those questions and anything else that concerns you should still be address. Same way you would if buying from a stranger.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THAT DEF SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO GET SOMEONE TO CHECK IT OUT AND FOR ALL YOU VISUAL PEOPLE OUT THERE HERES A PIC. ITS THE YELLOW CBR.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bike looks decent, get it checked out if you can.

Can't go wrong with 2500 though. Around here, I don't care what condition or miles on it but for $2500 you won't find an 03+ 600RR.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bike looks good, if looks has anything to do with it. Like the others stated, get someone who knows what they are doing to give it the once over. As for the milage in comparison to the year IMO that's really good milage.

·
Registered
324 Posts
from the looks of it, it looks good but it's a picture and only oneside.

Did he have the bike measured for frame twist damage after the crash?

if everything looks ok that would be the only concern I had with buying a crashed bike.

Only cost a $150 to have to measured... worth it IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts