Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super clean like new condition 400 miles (yes four hundred). 2009 cbr600rr non abs. For $7,000 at a dealer. He won't budge a penny lower I already got him down from his original asking price ($8000)

Should I get? Its red and black.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Tell him 7000 OTD he pays all the taxes and registration

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here in MA you have to pay all your taxes and registration at the DMV.

It sat in a garage, the guy who owned it was a father who had twins and kept telling himself he was going to ride, but never did. finally needed the money and let the bike go. The bike is in such beautiful condition too, There's not a single scuff or anything.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does it still have orginal tires on it, if so I would tell them you will take it for 7 grand only if they replace those tires.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
It's not a horrible price for what it is, however like quite a few people stated above you're looking at a bike was assembled in mid 08 with 400 miles on it in 6 1/2 years of then. At the very least it'll need: new tires (the tires are crappy to start with much less after sitting more than 4 years when they'll be rock hard), new battery, full fluid change (oil, coolant, brake fluid) and full filter change (oil and air). The last thing I'd really look at is the fuel tank to be sure the fuel hasn't started rusting or you'll be needing a new fuel pump in short order, as well as a new tank if it wasn't stored properly.

If all if that has been done by the dealer, for the quoted price you're good in my opinion; if not then those costs needs to be factored in.

Low mileage can be a "plus" at times, but other times ultra low can be a drawback. And if the dealer scoffs at the above list walk away and don't deal with them again, they cannot be trusted.

NO!! not sure where in the US you are located, but dude check out this Tri 2013 killer deal imo, his thread http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=484713
hes asking $7500 all incl!!!!
Private vs. dealer are two different levels; the above bike isn't badly priced but it's not that killer of a deal based on others I've seen, what new with a warranty is selling for right now (13-14's are not selling and are basically being given away at this point) and the fact that he'll still have to pay the same fees on this one as the one he's looking at. And based on the above owners description of the damage to his also for sale 1kRR being "minor scratches" I'd be wary of his idea of "cherry;" if it's not only through the paint but into the black plastic below, it's not minor scratches.

Mike

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not a horrible price for what it is, however like quite a few people stated above you're looking at a bike was assembled in mid 08 with 400 miles on it in 6 1/2 years of then. At the very least it'll need: new tires (the tires are crappy to start with much less after sitting more than 4 years when they'll be rock hard), new battery, full fluid change (oil, coolant, brake fluid) and full filter change (oil and air). The last thing I'd really look at is the fuel tank to be sure the fuel hasn't started rusting or you'll be needing a new fuel pump in short order, as well as a new tank if it wasn't stored properly.

If all if that has been done by the dealer, for the quoted price you're good in my opinion; if not then those costs needs to be factored in.

Low mileage can be a "plus" at times, but other times ultra low can be a drawback. And if the dealer scoffs at the above list walk away and don't deal with them again, they cannot be trusted.

Private vs. dealer are two different levels; the above bike isn't badly priced but it's not that killer of a deal based on others I've seen, what new with a warranty is selling for right now (13-14's are not selling and are basically being given away at this point) and the fact that he'll still have to pay the same fees on this one as the one he's looking at. And based on the above owners description of the damage to his also for sale 1kRR being "minor scratches" I'd be wary of his idea of "cherry;" if it's not only through the paint but into the black plastic below, it's not minor scratches.

Mike
This is perfect, I'm going to go into that dealer and i'm going to ask to see the gas tank, if there is any rust i'm going to walk away immediately, if it looks good then i'll ask about the fluid changes, I know they did oil, but i'll ask about brake fluid, etc. If they don't do it i'll ask them to, as for the tires, i'll ask but if they do everything else besides the tires then i'll buy it since tires are pretty cheap anyways.

I'll update you guys on what happens. Thanks

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it in mint condition?
It is so completely mint, I looked it over for about 15 minutes straight up and down and couldn't find a single flaw with it anywhere. It was unbelievable. I could lick the bike and wouldn't even be worried about germs... hahahaha, on a serious note, it looks like it just rode off the show room floor. It was definitely stored properly.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd still go after that 2013 Tri :p I'm Canadian, so seeing $7500 for a 2013 seems like one hell of a deal ;)
2009 for 7K vs 2013 for 7.5K seems like a no brainer to me
I say the 2013 is the better deal, but both are good imo.

Unfortunately the 2013 is in Alabama, now, I'm willing to travel a little bit (100 miles or so) but I live in MA, it's just a little too far haha

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
use uship and buy the 2013. Your a fool if you dont
Nothing foolish about it. I would never commit to buying a bike unless I see it in person first, I need to hear it run and personally inspect the bike before I drop that kind of money on it.

Not to mention, I don't really have my heart set on a 2013, sure, I'd pick it over the 09 since it's a better deal. But I really don't care for the looks of the 13' models.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts