Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well in the last month i have gotten a new job at the local motorcycle shope being the service writer. Its a great job and ive learned alot. Well anyways a guy brought in a 2003 rc51 with Sato full exhaust, power comander, scotts steering dampner, and the regular old mods of flush monts and fender elimenator. It has 208gp's on it so we know its been to a few track days and there are a few little dents in the tank but nothing really bad. It has about 3100 miles on it and he had to get ride of it because his business went under. Well heres the deal I really like the way those bikes look and think the 2003 600rr is getting a little old. Also since i work for the dealership that baught it i could get it for about 6500 out the door probably since they only paid 6000 for it. Think this would be a good trade or close to it???? Ill be getting to ride it today after work so i think that will be a big part of it but just wondering what yall might suggest. Have a good one guys...........Taylor san angelo tx

C

·
0 Posts
I don't like the feel of the RC 51 compared to the 600RR . My buddy trades me all the time so he can "have fun" on my 600rr. The RC is bulky, heavy, no unit pro link, a bitch to work on (especially on those radiators.) If it had re-worked forks and an ohlins in the rear then I'd say go for it because thats what it's going to take to get it up to par...

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
100% completely different animals. there've been more than a few threads about the differences so no reason to rehash all that but don't buy a bike for how it looks, buy it for how you feel about its performance.

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
I love the RC...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
if it's been used as a track bike then it probably has more miles on it than indicated by the odometer. I would get it checked out before buying it, otherwise the price seems pretty good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
like was said two completely different animals, my buddy also has an 03 rc51. If you're just going to be riding street then definetly get it, it's a great price at 6500 as long as the damage is minor. To be honest they're so much more fun to ride on the street and turn a lot more heads, the exhaust note is completely amazing, everytime i'd pull up to a light people would be looking over. If you're gonna take it to the track i'd probably go for a 600rr, it'll be easier to go fast on, the rc is a big bike and you can feel the weight, i don't feel as comfortable going fast on it as my rr, but i'd trade up anyday for one as i don't go to the track any longer. Only complaint is they vibrate a ton at low rpms, 1-2k(but who ever rides there anyway), my buddy had to locktite all his fairing bolts because he was constantly losing them. If you have a chance to get one, do it, you won't be sorry.

H

·
0 Posts
i like the way it looks.. but i am not sure that i would get rid of the 600rr for it..

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
natas said:
if it's been used as a track bike then it probably has more miles on it than indicated by the odometer. I would get it checked out before buying it, otherwise the price seems pretty good.
What is that supposed to mean? It has probably been regaered and the miles shown are higher.

"with Sato full exhaust" BS. Slip ons are available for the RC, but I have never seen a Sato Full for the RC

·
Banned
358 Posts
is honda ever gonna redo the RC51. I think its one of the sexiest bikes around.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Off Topic/hi-jack
TH0001 said:
is honda ever gonna redo the RC51. I think its one of the sexiest bikes around.
Why would they? The king sportbike for Hondathe 1000RR. They race it and it sells well while competing against the other 1000s. The RC fits into the 750 class, which is dead. The V-twin will never out power the I4s but you will pay the same insurance.

People who want the RC do not want the latest and greatest. This was never the case. Even the 929 can outrun it in a straight line. The RC has a feel that an I4 will never have. The desire to get that feeling is what drives someone to buy it. It is a different brand of fun that redesigning won't help.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Magic * ball says....

...it's not in your stars.

F*ck the 8 ball, do it if you want!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts