Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some dunlop qualifiers mounted today (friggin awesome by the way) and the guys messed up the edge of my front rim on the machine. i realize it's a small rim but this is their job and the machine is made for smaller, motorcycle wheels. my first mistake was taking it to the harley dealer cause they were the only guys in town who would do it without having to buy the tires from them. it's scuffed up around like almost half of the rim.... should i go in tomorrow and cause a fuss?

·
Registered
931 Posts
that reminds me, this one time, on my first biek it was a 1990 cbr600, i took it in to get tires, get it back and they put both brake pads on one side of the rotor...haha... my local honda dealership isint to great

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
raise some hell dude.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
H*ll yeah you should complain. Thats messed up. Id expect them to do a good job and not scuff up your rim. Especially if youre paying them for it. Im kind of a pain in the ass when it comes to poor customer service though. I just think you should get what youre paying for and not put up with any crap.

C

·
0 Posts
Anytime a professional doesnt do their job, its complaining time. If I dont do my job to the best of my ability I hear complaints, so I reserve the right to do the same.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Think of it this way...........if you were a Harley rider, what would you do? You know without a doubt a Harley cry baby would complain if their poor chrome wheels got messed up.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
You should complain. But I bet their response would be "No way, I would've noticed that when I mounted the tires or you would've noticed it when you picked it up. You just hit the curb and are using my shop as an excuse to pay for a new rim. Tell you what, I'll sell you a rim+tire for cheap." But If they have some pride in their work and don't want to fear losing business, they will probably give in and work something out.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Why didn't you inspect the rims when you picked it up?

Everytime I get my tires changed there is a nick here and there - not sure if it's laziness or what. I just take a black Sharpie and go over it a few times ;)

Go back and raise hell, maybe they'll refund you but I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
GO IN THERE AND CAUSE A FUSS.

make sure you choose the busiest time of the day, especially around many other customers. use loud, angry but calm voice.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I got the qualifiers myself recently, and ride semi aggresively and can tell an immediate difference in ride and handling over the 218's. The ride is much smoother and feels more planted at all times. As magazines say, turn in feels a little heavy at first, but once leaned over just sticks and sticks and sticks. I've gone over way further than I ever have before with much less effort than I ever did on the 218's. My confidence has tripled with them. I haven't had any warm up issues with them so far, but it hasn't been below 50 so far, but they're sticky enough for some good 90* 40 mph turns after 3-4 mins of riding. **Note** those turns I'm sure could be taken a good 15-20 mph faster, but I'm not doing it without a suit or pants. I like my knees, just in case.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I would complain, cause its a dealership, I take my tires to get changed at cyclegear and its just some kids working there they trained to change tires, its the only service they provide bisides selling gear and accesories, and Im rims come back to me just like I took them in.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i didnt heavily inspect em when i picked em up cause it was almost closing time and i was excited to go try out my new tires. they probably had em turned so the damage was facing down too. biotches. now the new question.... should i just ask for my money back (60 bucks) or should i try to have them fix it or replace it? whoever said they doubted if they would give me my money back is crazy lol. ill stand there screamin at em in the middle of the shop until they do. thats the least they could do. its either that or buy me a new $500 rim and i think they would prefer that.

the qualifiers are friggin awesome. idk what whoever said the turn in was slow at first was talking about because these things drop into place at even the thought of a corner. so much so that it scared me at first. grip is amazing and i havent even really gotten on them hard yet because of the new tire slickness.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts