Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to buy a stand. Most likely pitbull. I need to know if i should get a spool type stand or a standard.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black05rr said:
You need to buy swingarm spools ($15-20) for the spool type to work with your bike, but they do seem to be more stable. You'll be happy with the pitbull.
Now i see theres differen size spools. Is there a certian size i need? There sized in 6-12 mm or does it matter?

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
it definitely matters, 8mm sticks out but I'm not really sure
you could probably call pit-bull if somebody doesn't post it here

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
dozadj said:
well if you get a pitbull stand then it works with or without spools. You just have to switch the supports.
you'd have to order the stand with the attachment for both, its only a couple $ more but you have to specify that one

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I bought the kind that has both so it can be adjusted for more then one bike, called the Pitbull SS rear stand. I have spools on my 600RR that I bought from Pitbull's website, so that is how I use it on mine. You can use any spools that fit your spool mounts on the bike, 8mm. The stand is adjustable, so it doesn't matter if it is a smaller or larger spool so long as it is a typical spool. I went with the Pitbull ones because the price was good and they make quality delrin spools. Get the delrin ones instead of metal...they slide better in an accident.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i have stands by pitbull and vortex. the vortex ones are way, way better

·
Registered
912 Posts
airforce101t said:
it definitely matters, 8mm sticks out but I'm not really sure
you could probably call pit-bull if somebody doesn't post it here
you need 8mm. It's the size of the spool "holes" (for lack of a better word) on the swingarm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts