Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after all the problems that i have so far encountered with my bike.... im seriously thinking about getting the extended 4 yr warrentee.

its a 05 bike and the mfg. warrentee expires june 10th 2006. the manager there said i can buy the extended warrentee from them. and it would cost about 600-800 bucks.

do you guys think its worth it?

yes or no?

thx.

bike only have 300 miles thats why they said they can sell it to me.

·
Registered
534 Posts
sean2sean said:
after all the problems that i have so far encountered with my bike.... im seriously thinking about getting the extended 4 yr warrentee.

its a 05 bike and the mfg. warrentee expires june 10th 2006. the manager there said i can buy the extended warrentee from them. and it would cost about 600-800 bucks.

yes or no?

thx.

This is a no brainer man! Like you said, "After all the problems that i have so far encountered with my bike".. If your bike has given you trouble then I think it's worth it to spend the 600 bucks for 4 more years. Unless you don't plan on keeping it much longer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bought it for mine...

Its just a small chunk of change, but the piece of mind alone is worth the money, at least to me... :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I bought the extended warranty as well, but I have never used the warranty once. Some bikes are just lemons, and they need constant service. Let your history and your peace of mind dictate your decision. It's a Honda, and I would say 99% of them (with the proper care and maintenance) Will never have to see a stealership after they roll off the showroom floor. But you may have gotten one in the 1%. Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
well from my experience with honda waranty.. honda will put up a fight to say it was my fault to the problem. i have a prelude with 100,000 mile warranty and my transmission started slipping and they're giving me all this bs about me not taking the car to them for maintenance. yeahh ok im gonna get raped by stealership charges.. BS. so point is, if u do get the extended warranty, make sure to keep all your "maintenance reciepts"

·
Registered
659 Posts
sean2sean said:

yes or no?

thx.

You can get the same OEM warrnaty, from a forum member here for like $375. I'll PM you the contact info after I find it.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
KhMeRGuY978 said:
well from my experience with honda waranty.. honda will put up a fight to say it was my fault to the problem. i have a prelude with 100,000 mile warranty and my transmission started slipping and they're giving me all this bs about me not taking the car to them for maintenance. yeahh ok im gonna get raped by stealership charges.. BS. so point is, if u do get the extended warranty, make sure to keep all your "maintenance reciepts"
Good advice. But you are NOT required to have the dealer service your vehicle for the warranty to be valid. Like you said, save your receipts.

But if you aren't that mechanically inclined or you have bad or costly dealerships, then it might make sense to get an extended warranty. But you're betting with them that it's going to break and they're betting it won't. The odds are with them. It just depends on how much you can afford to loose in one claim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts