Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, I'm looking at an 07 rr with 3k miles all stock. Seller originally wanted 6g's but said she would let it go for 5gs. Should I try to bring it down lower or take the deal? Is 5k a steal as it is? I had my doubts about it being female owned, but she got all the oil changes done at the proper intervals. It was never down and is completely stock.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sup guys, I'm looking at an 07 rr with 3k miles all stock. Seller originally wanted 6g's but said she would let it go for 5gs. Should I try to bring it down lower or take the deal? Is 5k a steal as it is? I had my doubts about it being female owned, but she got all the oil changes done at the proper intervals. It was never down and is completely stock.

Thanks in advance
5k is low from what I've seen... though I can't imagine any harm in trying for lower.
Mine cost less, but it had twice as many miles and had cracked fairings from a drop. I'd have spent the extra just to have the original bodywork and no scratches.

I don't know what bothers you about female owned... people usually consider that a positive, as they seem less likely to abuse it.
If I associate anything with being female owned, it is the way they are typically lowered. If the one you are looking at is stock, I'd go for it.

Is there anything else holding you back, like the color?

Edited, thought you said it was a dealer... but my opinion doesn't change.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Depends on how motivated she is to sell and how much you are willing to haggle. $7k to $6k is a big drop. She sounds motivated to sell. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"ASAP" was in her ad, so maybe I can get it for 4800 or so? If not I'd still be crazy to let it go over a few hundred but I was just curious.

·
Registered
601 Posts
$5K sounds good to me, especially if she has all the documents to prove she did the maintenance she claims to have done.

And if she is motivated to sell, for sure you can get it for lower than $5k.

What I do when I'm doing a cash deal is show up with the money in hand and shove it in their face. If you meet her and tell her that you couldn't get the full $5k, but pull out $4500 cash and present it to her, I'm almost certain she will take it. She’ll probably think or mumble "fuk you" but, she’ll take it.

Anyways GL with the purchase.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Try 4500.00 if she does not budge go to 4800.00 and see what happens she might accept
that 4800.00 and you would still came out a winner

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hand her 4700 cash with 3 in your pocket if she takes it great if not haggle a bit walk to your car and if no go give her the other 3 its a great deal!!
yep this is what I was thinking too

and to reference an earlier reply about buying from a female, the only reason I initially felt like that was because in general they arent too good with the maintaining part of the bike (no offense to any ladies here!!). But I've been told it was maintained properly so I feel better about that. Will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
100 Posts
that's a steal. Also it depends on many factors. I'm sure you're not the only person to see it if it's posted on craigslist or whatever. I think at 5k she'll have other options and would be more willing to sell it to the guy that didn't try to lowball even more on an already great deal. If you lose out on it trying to save $200 you'll be kick yourself. Depends on many circumstances.

·
Registered
931 Posts
That is a steal. I would wave 4800 dollars cash in front of her and see if she takes it. If not, give her the whole 5g's. Still a very good deal. People tend to act differently when they have a couply thousand bucks under their nose.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
5g's is a good deal and you're a doosh

1 - 20 of 30 Posts