Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions later, here's the story:

I currently own 03(or it's 04, never really saw it but that doesn't matter) 600rr which is kinda in different country.
My father got it as part of bigger (trade) deal for like 200 euros (280$!!!), because owner got it in similar way and it was just laying around somewhere in garage.

But thing is, that bike hasn't been ridden since like 06, and it's in parts now.
It worked before that perfectly, though I don't know complete histroy.
I can get it on van and transport it to here any time but I'm not so sure if I should.
So it's been in parts sitting away in some garage for few years now and I'm afraid something won't be right with it.

if I get it to here, won't cost me much(if anything) to put it together but what are other expenses I'll have?
I'll probably have to replace some parts that went bad due to time or are missing, but my father saw it when it wasn't in parts and nothing important should be missing.
And is it possible engine got weaker or something due to not working for awhile? Most expensive thing to do would be to repaint it whole I guess.

So should I go for it? Should I bring it home and fix it up?
What are the possible problems it have due to sitting in parts for several years?

Hmm think that's all I wanted to ask, will post later if I think of something else.

And of course, since I'm selling my crappy bike I have right now, all that money could go on gear and improvements for RR if I decide to bring it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Your story is a little confusing... So you own the bike that is in parts? ... Why would you not just try to put it together??

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Well if it originally only cost you 200 euros, you could easily put it back together (running or not) and sell it for a good profit to put towards a newer bike that is already in great shape. Not to mention the knowledge you will gain by fixing the bike............. priceless.....

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
There really is no way of telling without putting it together and starting her up. People could tell you different things all day but in the end it really is going to be bike specific as to what your dealing with. It might be as easy as putting it together putting in oil and gas and your off, or it could be a nightmare there really is no way of telling when its in peices. Just my two cents

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
First, the bike didn't cost anything at $280. You take a few friends out to dinner and it cost that much! You are ahead already. The 2003 600RR was revolutionary for its time and is still a sick bike, especially when it is damn near free!! Lets say you get it together and you still want something else...you have many ways you can then proceed but all of which will be of your gain.

Get the bike, see what you got in total in terms of parts. Post up some pics to this forum if you can. Heck, if it turns out to be a pile of crap...part out and make money that way. Either way, get that bike in your hands and decide from there. It would only be your gain...unless it costs thousands to get it to your front door from where it is now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ nah, it's free to get it to here. It's already in parts and I already got some plastic part here :)

I'll start getting rest of it to here tomorrow and soon I'll know real shape of it.

Just wanted to know if by being parted out for few years could harm engine or something like that.
Anyhow, I'll use this thread for updates on it's condition heh, though it will take whole summer to get everything to here and fixed up.
Hopefully I'll go there in person and see it and bring most of it with me...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
oh my.. you could make sooo much money... i really needed to post this to "help the forum" by telling you that ud DEFFINATLY make more then 280$ by parting this bike out... i know it takes an expert's advice like mine to figure that out... its not obvious or anything.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
u cant get a bike for 250$ ... its so stolen do the rite thing and give it away sell it to someone that got their bike stolen w/o insurence for 250$ ... seriously im suprised anyone is answering u about this.. it had to be stolen... i could just imagine this happening to my bike if it got stolen.. in some far off country being parted out sitting in a garage for years... only to be sold for a measly 250$

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It's not stolen, trust me.

It's complicated why it cost that much and there's story about it but it doesn't matter really, all that matters is it's legally mine :)

Edit: Bah, I'm trying to find a way to explain this situation but I just can't. Everything I write ends up too complicated or something like that.
All that matters is we got it really cheap and there's no legal problems with it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Id give 250 for the experience of trying to put one back together, who cares if you fail and it doesn't work. Worst case is your out 250 big whoop. Sell a few parts on ebay and make that easily.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Am I the only one who's confused here?
He is from a small country where bikes are not popular
His dad bought a shipping container of guns and drugs
They threw in a 600rr in pieces for $250
His dad wants to know if he wants the bike at his house so he can try and put it back together

He wants to know if he should accept all of the pieces and try to put that bike back together

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He is from a small country where bikes are not popular
His dad bought a shipping container of guns and drugs
They threw in a 600rr in pieces for $250
His dad wants to know if he wants the bike at his house so he can try and put it back together

He wants to know if he should accept all of the pieces and try to put that bike back together
Close, it wasn't drugs, just some warheads and some chinese girls.

But no, guy had bike sitting in his garage and no use of it and he added it to deal.

Cars, that was the deal. Import&export.

And let's not turn this thread about price now please, I see where this is going and it will just get worse.

·
Registered
324 Posts
hahah dam I was close I was gonna go with russian brides but went with guns and drugs instead

It is a bout price. Its 200 bucks why would you even have this discussion? Thats change, less than a new set of tires. For 200 bucks its not even worth talking about. Take the freakin thing and try and put it back together, if you fail who gives a **** you aren't out anything

1 - 20 of 33 Posts