Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 cbr600rr. It’s my first motorcycle. I got it for $3,000. It’s got 25,000 miles, 10,000 are mine. I’ve done lots of maintenance like fork seals, better brake pads, a BMC air filter, regular lubrications and cleaning, etc. I’ve dropped it in parking lots three times, twice on the same side (it’s my first bike!). The drops caused a lot of cosmetic damage. I’m going to put another set of new tires and replace the chain and sprocket to keep it rideable.
Do you think I should put the money into this bike over time to get new fairings, replace the scrapped engine cover? Basically, is this a bike I can keep and enjoy forever, or should I set my sights on a new or different cbr600rr someday? Getting the upper cowl around the gas tank back on is kinda hard and I wonder if the frame is a little wonky after one of the tip-overs.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Keep it, get it resprung for your weight.

Buy some used quality suspension, get it refreshed, install it.

These bikes are gems, and they'll provide all the performance you can ask for.

Proper maintenance is critical.

·
Registered
45 Posts
im feelin the same thing you are.. done so much to it, good and bad lol that it just feels right to keep it as long as you can. for your engine cover, before getting a new one, you can always try to repaint the one you have. the only bitch about it is removing the oem paint all the way lol.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Frame is fine from tip overs. If the bike is rideable after a crash the frame didn't get hurt is a really good rule to remember.
Bodywork set is like $500. Case cover is like $90. Not a lot of money to make the bike nice again. 08 makes more power then a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts