• hahaaha

Votes: 113 95.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend knows a friend who rebuilds bikes after a crash and then sells them, question is should I pick up this all black '05 CBRrr with 3500 miles for 6800?

mind you it is a salvage title and everything should/is like new he says

Is that a deal or am I going to go see this bike for nothing

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
HELL NO! Are you kidding me? Why would you buy a salvaged bike for MORE than a non salvaged bike of the same year and mileage?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I should talk him down to about how much? What sounds like a reasonable price and other places ive been looking is Egay and craigslist any other spots i should check out?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
ShrtBusDlux said:
with a few mods being sliders and exhaust or more than that?
exhaust, CW fender kit, solo cowl, and watsen signals. Oh, and some sweet wristtwisters.com decals (not that they count).

N

·
0 Posts
I sold my salvage bike with 11,000 miles for $3800 fixed right back up to near mint. I just didn't think it was worth anything more than that though others told me otherwise because it ran like a champ.

Eh, that's just how I saw it.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
You need to check on insuring a salvaged bike before you even look at this thing. Then I would offer him half of what he wants. It only matters what the fair market value for a salvaged bike is going for. Not how much time or money he put into it.

·
C.F. A member **C.F. Whore ** :)
261 Posts
NewRedRider said:
You need to check on insuring a salvaged bike before you even look at this thing. Then I would offer him half of what he wants. It only matters what the fair market value for a salvaged bike is going for. Not how much time or money he put into it.
This is true so many times people want to sell you something based on the effort and time they put into it..this maybe true with most things but not a salvage title......Why???....ITS A SALVAGE BIKE.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how about southern cali? anyone know of a bike for sale 05-06 or a place trying to get them off the lot? new or used just as long as it's a good deal

·
Registered
63 Posts
Last time I went to Spectrum Honda (or Motorsports) in Irvine around this time they were clearing out bikes cheap. You should give them a go.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
i say its a little pricey for that price you can more than likely pick one up for a few hundred more with a clean title

1 - 20 of 35 Posts