Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bleedin' Honda Red
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of a friend has a wrecked 2006 cbr1000rr he is wanting to get rid of. He ran off the road into a ditch he said. He bought a new front rim with the intends to fix it but lost his job and needs to break even. Owes $4,200. Said frame, subframe and forks are all straight.

Its got 1400 miles with clear title

Will need:
Front cowl
1 of the front fairing stay bolt welded back onto the frame
new guages
maybe new headlights

Should i take it for $4,200? Will either repair and sell it again or use as a spare bike

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I'd offer less and see if he bites. I'd bet he's a bit desperate to get rid of it.

His word of things being straight without anything proving so would be my only concern.

·
Bleedin' Honda Red
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hes got a loan on the bike and the payoff is 4192.39. He cant come up with anything out of pocket since he lost his job. Has a kid and house so i feel bad for the guy so i thought i would help him out by taking it off his hands. Im always up for helping people who actually need some help. He said he would put the tire on for me tomorrow so i can take it for a spin. my only concern is if the forks, frame, or subframe are bent. He is about 4 hours away from me so kinda of hard to take it anywhere to verify they are straight.

·
Registered
820 Posts
forks ... fork seals .... brakes rotors... undercarriage .... any additional damage i will say thats about the going rate for wrecked 1000rr's this body style i was looking at one in worst shape for the same money

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'd be worried about the front forks being damaged. Looks like the front tire took a really good hit. Work up a parts list and check e-mail and ronayers.com and other sites to see how much the parts will cost you. The price sounds good if the front forks arent damaged. Are you fixing this yourself or having someone do it? If your not fixing yourself then I would not buy it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If it were my friend, and only if it were a close friend, I would buy it from him if I could. As RedisFaster says, I would only buy it knowing I would do all, if not most of the work to fix the bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
you are good guy thats how friends should help eachother out, if all is well i say take i mean if u find something wrong with it badly then your hands are tied but i mean if u can buy it then do it man good luck bro

·
Registered
939 Posts
sounds like you made your decision!
good luck, and good on ya. Will you keep it or just jog it on?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sounds like a good deal.....fix and flip, then scoop up a track bike....helping out a buddy, getting a track bike outta it, dude its a win win, gl w/ the rebuild and keep us posted on finished product

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You sound like a nice guy trying to help a buddy out, just be careful it doesn't end up costing you more than you think. $4200.00 is a lot to still owe on a 2006.

·
Bleedin' Honda Red
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ thats my only concern. they are going for around 7-8g right now with that type of o mileage so i got some room to work with

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I wouldnt touch it. By the time you buy it and drop a couple of grand into it ..and you will. Good luck making money on it. Ive seen better condition wrecks go for less on wreckedbikes.net . 2500-3200 maybe .

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
maybe you could buy it, fix it, and flip it back to him for what ever it runs you to fix it + what you bought it, when he gets stable again?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts