Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ill make this short and sweet for you guys. i was offered 7000 cash for my 04 600rr. it has 19000 miles. lots of mods, ART dual, stainless lines, ebc pads, 15/45 520, powers, sliders, power commander, de-baffled ram air and airbox, alarm. it runs perfct, it still looks brand new, really, BRAND NEW.never gave me a problem. the buyer is a guy that i work with and hes known the bike since i bought it new. i owe 6500 to my loan. its that much cuz i included alot of parts and gear up front. i know most people say sell it but im pretty sure ill end up with another brand new bike unless i find a good deal on a 1000rr. gotta stay honda. this bike sold me on their reliability for life. is it gonna be a problem cuz i dont have the title yet?? how long does it take to get the tile after its paid in full??? please give me some advice. thank you

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
No keep it. Even though 7000 is above blue book for an 04 with 19k miles on it, it does not even come close to paying for all the mods you have done to the bike. I would tell the guy to kick rocks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
keep it..if you already put all this money into mods and you're only going to get $500 out of it..that's not really all that much to put down on another bike..and if you get a 1000rr ...you're just going to have to spend all that much more money on mods for it..

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would say keep it, there's no reason to sell it and there's nothing wrong with your bike. Earliest that I got my title after paying it off was a day, longest was 3-4 days. Depends on the bank and where they store the title.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont think im gonna invest in alot of goodies if i end up with a 1000rr. what im thinking is, owe the same amount of money for a 600 or a 1000. i know ins. is alot cheaper for the 1000. dont get me wrong i love the 600, but i also love the 1000. damn you honda motor co.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sorry to disagree….but “sell” if you have over 19,000 miles on it, in another year it wont be worth very much. and if your bank/lender is local you can do the deal there.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
lownslow said:
i dont think im gonna invest in alot of goodies if i end up with a 1000rr. what im thinking is, owe the same amount of money for a 600 or a 1000. i know ins. is alot cheaper for the 1000. dont get me wrong i love the 600, but i also love the 1000. damn you honda motor co.
In the end it up to you and you have to decide what you want. But I promise you it'll only be a matter of time before you put the same amount or more mods on a 1000 you put on the 600. What what kind of sense does this make..."owe the same amount of money for a 600 or a 1000"? You owe 6500 on your RR, you'll owe at least double that on a financed 1000. I guess if you mean making the same payments that might be possible, if you stretch out your loan period on the 1K.

·
Registered
615 Posts
damn 19k miles? for 7k, i say sell it and get the 1k

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you ever have any intentions of selling the bike, nows the time.. I think you'll have trouble getting such a great price elsewhere.. If you love your bike and don't mind sticking with it for a while then keeper'

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
Robbie said:
Sorry to disagree….but “sell” if you have over 19,000 miles on it, in another year it wont be worth very much. and if your bank/lender is local you can do the deal there.
robbie is on the money!!

sell it, nothing like new toyz!!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sell it, you're lucky you found a guy who's willing to pay you extra for all the mods, he's paying atleast an extra 2 gs for all the mods. Plus ur bike has 19k miles on it, that's no joke. If you keep it for a litle longer itll have 25k in no time and then you'll really have a hard time selling it. Sell it!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
it doesn't matter if his bike has 19,000 miles on it..he clearly said that it runs perfect and looks brand new...he owes too much on the bike to sell it to get another one..and i agree with GA_RR ...you may say you won't mod up the 1000 like your 600, but it's just going to be a matter of time before you see something you want for it..then you're gonna give into it and buy it, and then you're just gonna keep going from there

·
Registered
587 Posts
Keep Dat Mo-fo Mang!

·
Registered
194 Posts
are u gonna buy a new 1 anyways? cuz u only gonna make out with $500 out of it so maybe keep it, use it for track or the street, and buy a new 1 and use that for track or street.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wouldn't take any less than 8500.

lownslow said:
ok ill make this short and sweet for you guys. i was offered 7000 cash for my 04 600rr. it has 19000 miles. lots of mods, ART dual, stainless lines, ebc pads, 15/45 520, powers, sliders, power commander, de-baffled ram air and airbox, alarm. it runs perfct, it still looks brand new, really, BRAND NEW.never gave me a problem. the buyer is a guy that i work with and hes known the bike since i bought it new. i owe 6500 to my loan. its that much cuz i included alot of parts and gear up front. i know most people say sell it but im pretty sure ill end up with another brand new bike unless i find a good deal on a 1000rr. gotta stay honda. this bike sold me on their reliability for life. is it gonna be a problem cuz i dont have the title yet?? how long does it take to get the tile after its paid in full??? please give me some advice. thank you

·
Registered
593 Posts
I would tell him you would take 7k for it stock. Then sell the parts to all of us for more money!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts