Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 05 600RR, i bought it brand new at 2005 and so far i only put 1300 miles on it, i only ride it 2 times a month and just did my 3rd oil changed with repsol 4t reg oil with oem filter, i heard some1 said i should use some fuel stabilzer for it, should i use it and what brand should i use and where to buy, thank you

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Yes, you should always put fuel stabilizer in when you store it for more then a month at a time. STA-BIL is the brand i prefer and i add it to a full take of gas when i prep mine for winter storage every year.

But it sounds to me like you are just looking to keep the gas in your bike from going bad. My question is when you ride, how much do you ride and how often do you fill the tank?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ride like 2-3 times a month and for like 20 mins sometimes more and i fill my tank when the tank is low, at least i ride it once every 2 week after i did my lawn work, lol i m in FLORIDA so i dont have to store the bike, it never sit more than a month, what u think i should so?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Think he's asking how often you fill the tank to help determine how long gas sits in your tank between fill ups. If it takes 2 months to empty your tank, the gas in your tank is almost 2 months old by the time it gets low and you should be using stabilizer.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
As long as your are filling up every 3-4 months you'll should be fine. Most people say gas is "good" for 5-6 months, so i'd just play it safe a fill sooner then later.

And it must be nice not to have to store your bike for months at a time....one day i'll be out of this state and somewhere where it doesn't snow :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so is this mean i dont need fuel stabilzer? mayb i shouldn't fill full tank next time, just fill enough for short ride? and i only use mobile premium gas

·
Registered
554 Posts
more to the point, why you keep you bike and not ride it?

if you ride it reguarly, you dont need to deal with any of these problems.

·
Registered
882 Posts
so is this mean i dont need fuel stabilzer? mayb i shouldn't fill full tank next time, just fill enough for short ride? and i only use mobile premium gas
no bro, you dont need to put fuel stabilizer in your tank if you ride it at least twice a month. now if you were planning on staying away from your bike and not riding at all for six months, then you would need fuel stabilizer

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
more to the point, why you keep you bike and not ride it?

if you ride it reguarly, you dont need to deal with any of these problems.

i like to ride it but i m just not a crazy rider, plus i always wanted a bike when i was young, soi bought this when i had extra money, its not that i like to keep it, i m not a daily rider person, thats all and when i ride it i enjoyed it

·
Registered
554 Posts
i like to ride it but i m just not a crazy rider, plus i always wanted a bike when i was young, soi bought this when i had extra money, its not that i like to keep it, i m not a daily rider person, thats all and when i ride it i enjoyed it
even a weekend rider does in a month more than you have done in FOUR years.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
i dont think you should use any fuel stabilizer. from what you said, it should be fine. as long as you use premium gas
HUH??? Why would premium make a difference? Gas will still degrade whether its 87 or 94 octane.

Just keep it under a half tank and you should be fine. I would suggest getting an automatic battery tender though. Long periods of inactivity will decrease your batteries lifetime. The minimum should be charging it every 2 weeks and a quick 20 minute ride isn't really doing the necessary upkeep for it. A $30-$50 charger is better than replacing a $100+ battery twice as often as needed. I love the automatic ones because you can leave it on all the time and not have to worry about overcharging.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I say just ride it more often and don't worry about it! :icon_lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts