Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright i have been riding for about a year now w/o a licence and im kinda nervous to have my girl start going on it...I have not been in any accident's or anything, but like is there anything i should tell her while she's on the back? Like is there some important stuff to follow by?

Let me know Thanks! :shakehand

Just so everyone knows if i am unclear about this...NO ONE HAS BEEN ON MY BIKE..I ONLY HAVE MY PERMIT! I AM WONDERING WHEN I GET MY LICENSE WHAT ADVICE I SHOULD GIVE MY GIRL...CLEAR ENOUGH?! JEEZE....And i have full coverage by liberty mutual!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
ugh, why are you riding without a license..?
Thats just kinda not smart dont u think..

sorry thats just my opinion, and not worth the suspension, record defamation etc..

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
If you don't know what she needs to know about riding on the back of your bike, then she shouldn't be doing it yet. Not trying to be mean here, but don't endanger youself or her by not knowing.

Read up and get informed, then practice some before getting out in traffic.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ugh, why are you riding without a license..?
Thats just kinda not smart dont u think..

sorry thats just my opinion, and not worth the suspension, record defamation etc..

No no...She hasnt been on the bike yet...And i am getting my license like in a week and im just wondering on what i should have her do..

Thats good though stick on like a backpack i will tell her that...I just want her to be safe and not like do anything stupid while im driving...Thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
1. get ur lisence
2. wear gear
3. tell her to follow ur body but dont lean the oposite way or too much stay with ur body and dont be afraid of the leans(take it slow lean a little then next turn lean a little more till she gets use to it)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. get ur lisence
2. wear gear
3. tell her to follow ur body but dont lean the oposite way or too much stay with ur body and dont be afraid of the leans(take it slow lean a little then next turn lean a little more till she gets use to it)

Alright thanks man...Yea i am getting my license as soon as i get my tire from "RidgeRacer" I sent him money 4 weeks ago now and i still havent gotten the tire.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Like dude, you should totally like get your license! Do you like even wear gear? You should like get on youtube and like search "riding as a passenger on a motorcycle" and theres like this video with these like asian dudes and girl that will like demonstrate how she should ride on the back!

By the way, make sure she wears gear. I spent more $$$ at the time on my girls gear than I did on my own! If I could wrap her in leathers, packing peanuts and bubble wrap I would...

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
By the way, make sure she wears gear. I spent more $$$ at the time on my girls gear than I did on my own! If I could wrap her in leathers, packing peanuts and bubble wrap I would...

i strongly second this one!!:+1: :thumbup:

i gna try that wrap myself in bubble wrap then ride around and c how many looks i get :cruising: or laughes :crackup:

·
Registered
416 Posts
You should stick packing peanuts randomly on full leathers! Then take pics! :crackup:

·
Registered
710 Posts
hmmm..no license and I suppose no insurance. So tell the girlfriend that when you crash and she gets all maimed, you have no ins. to fix her up...what a loser. JMO Tdub

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
You should stick packing peanuts randomly on full leathers! Then take pics! :crackup:

i will wear my normal gear and were i work we got rolls of bubble wrap and ill wrap my arms, legs, body all seperate so i can still move and ill take pics and post them up.. and ill go ride around town and mabe the highway hopefully the bubble wrap holds up

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ya, I believe the priorities everyoen else has pointed out should occur first. license. lots o gear. And maybe wait till mid season to get out the winter kinks, or longer, if youve only been riding for a year

·
Registered
251 Posts
Okay, since you've already been ripped on for driving w/o a license and told to get safety gear (for the girl!!!) and insurance all I have to add, is:

I tell my passengers to "look over my left shoulder when I go left and over my right shoulder when I go right".

And don't whine about it when her helmet bumps into yours (because it will), it won't hurt the helmet and nobody will look closely at or care about the paint, with the possible exception of you, and you've been warned.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Alright i have been riding for about a year now w/o a licence and im kinda nervous to have my girl start going on it...I have not been in any accident's or anything, but like is there anything i should tell her while she's on the back? Like is there some important stuff to follow by?

Let me know Thanks! :shakehand
Yeah, tell her you don't have your license while she's on the back, and you're cruisin' about 100mph. The look on her face will be priceless.

On a lighter note, she'll really dig you when you're both walking home after you get pulled over, ticketed, and your bike gets towed.

Take the MSF, get your license.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What I always tell my girlfriend is to try and look over my shoulder in the direction I'm turning and always make sure she's holding on tight when accelerating even if you don't think it's gonna be that fast. You want to make sure she's holding on tight before you do anything, I always feel better with being squeezed to death than having to worry about her falling off. Make sure she has decent gear, helmet for sure. And yeah you should get a license just be safe in the mean time and drive like a decent human being.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't know where you are at, but in NM, you can get a 6 month permit for 5 bucks. It will save you the trouble of tickets. You don't get your full license until you take the class, but that allows you to at least be legal. Check into it where you are see if that is an option. That way, if your tire doesn't show up in time for the class, you at least have something.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts