Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Rossi only wants it b/c he made the bad decision of not pitting soon enough in the last MotoGP race while Marquez made the pits at the right time and led to a 20 second race lead / win.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Why not is a great question. It won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yep i think it will make it more competitive all together. At the front and back of the pack

·
BOTM Winner 07/16
880 Posts
Yes they absolutely should. It' pretty ridiculous that they don't already. Is there any other form of motorsport where the driver is unable to communicate with the crew? No....because it's stupid not to.
Motocross
Rally (only driver and co driver has constant communication)
World Endurance Race (Bike)

·
BOTM Winner 07/16
880 Posts
It also comes down to rider aid... Even in F1 the rule states that driver has to ride without assistance from the radio.

i.e. pit crew can't tell them that wait for a pass another 2 cars in front of you or something like that.

It was a big ho ha recently with Nico
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2016/7/mixed-reactions-as-fia-introduces-revised-radio-rules.html

I'm on the other side of the fence, I think pit board is enough; true it's hard to read when you do 200kph+ but that's what makes it a race. Luck is a big part of a championship.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm on the other side of the fence, I think pit board is enough; true it's hard to read when you do 200kph+ but that's what makes it a race. Luck is a big part of a championship.
X2. These guys are in a lot of danger as it is. Trying to have a conversation with them while doing 200kph+? Theres nothing wrong with the system they have now. and I personally enjoy races like last weekend, where Riders have to make real-time decisions that could make or break the race.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts