• Secretly raise it so everyone will unknowingly obey the speed limit

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some states already have raised their speed limit to 80, reasoning that everyone goes 80 anyway so why not? Well my opinion is that everyone goes 80 because you can get away with 1-10 over easily...unless the cop/city is uptight. Like Johnson, AR who would give out countless 1-5 over tickets and the state has actually banned them from doing so! Anyway if they raise it to 80, then people will just go 90. What should we do?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
if you raise it, then people will just raise it and the cycle will keep going. Next thing you know, going 10 over will be 100 mph.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you raise it, then people will just raise it and the cycle will keep going. Next thing you know, going 10 over will be 100 mph.
I totally agree, and showing that motorcycle riders are against the idea is a huge impression (for lack of a better word)

·
Registered
158 Posts
i agree up top, if you raise it people will continue to speed no matter what it is. Also speeding isnt illegal unless you get caught ;-) ha been told that by many peeps out there

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I think you should have to take the test yearly after your 60 year birthday to see if you are still able to drive. FL people can relate to this. I have gone by a few people that I am sure they had no idea they were driving, probably thought they were watching tv or something, in the left lane doing 40 on the Interstate.

I would pay a yearly fee to be able to drive 90 on Turnpike. Make the left hand lane a high speed lane, you can't get in that lane unless you have a sticker on your tag. That sticker allows you to go 90. Usually don't go any faster than this in the car, too much weight to slow down. Need that reaction time for the ones that think they are the only one on the road and stop in the road because they can't get over and are going to miss their exit.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think you should have to take the test yearly after your 60 year birthday to see if you are still able to drive. FL people can relate to this. I have gone by a few people that I am sure they had no idea they were driving, probably thought they were watching tv or something, in the left lane doing 40 on the Interstate.

I would pay a yearly fee to be able to drive 90 on Turnpike. Make the left hand lane a high speed lane, you can't get in that lane unless you have a sticker on your tag. That sticker allows you to go 90. Usually don't go any faster than this in the car, too much weight to slow down. Need that reaction time for the ones that think they are the only one on the road and stop in the road because they can't get over and are going to miss their exit.
I've had old people slow down to 15 mph to get on the exit ramp.

Oh and go whine about the guy who posted about wisdom teeth.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Raising the speed limit where i live wouldnt accomplish a whole lot..just caus more problems
:+1::iamwith: People can barley drive at the 65-70 mph speed limits here, if it went to 80 I dont think I would ever leave my house. If you raise the speed limits it will just cause more problems than you could even think it would solve.

·
Registered
615 Posts
they should raise it to Light Speed, I have a flux capasitor on my bike.
No not really it should stay the way it is, cause now people doing 10over
are like ooohhhhh I'm breaking the law, if you raise it any higher, your just
increasing the death toll, cause the accidents will just be more violent.

Reactions: AmeriCON666

·
Registered
68 Posts
they should raise it to Light Speed, I have a flux capasitor on my bike.
No not really it should stay the way it is, cause now people doing 10over
are like ooohhhhh I'm breaking the law, if you raise it any higher, your just
increasing the death toll, cause the accidents will just be more violent.
:+1:agreed, well said

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
...I would pay a yearly fee to be able to drive 90 on Turnpike. Make the left hand lane a high speed lane, you can't get in that lane unless you have a sticker on your tag. That sticker allows you to go 90. Usually don't go any faster than this in the car, too much weight to slow down. Need that reaction time for the ones that think they are the only one on the road and stop in the road because they can't get over and are going to miss their exit.
I agree with that, but along with a yearly fee, I would also require a skilled driving class taken once every 3 years until you're 60, then every year.
But they should use sensors instead of stickers, have devices along the high speed lanes that pick up the sensors...if your car doesnt have the sensor, a high speed camera picks up your tags!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Sounds good to me. Let's get this going!!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have always thought that a drivers test after 60 was a good idea too... Too bad older people see that as discrimination...

Reactions: AmeriCON666

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have always thought that a drivers test after 60 was a good idea too... Too bad older people see that as discrimination...
You have to be 16 to drive, 18 or 21 in some areas. Why not a cap?

·
Registered
416 Posts
You have to be 16 to drive, 18 or 21 in some areas. Why not a cap?
I think a yearly test is a much more fair option. Some people I've known have had their wits about them and been better drivers at 92 than some of the kids at my University at 20.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think a yearly test is a much more fair option. Some people I've known have had their wits about them and been better drivers at 92 than some of the kids at my University at 20.
There should be far more questions for the test, and a lot longer driving test to see if people actually drive legally and safely. That and higher costs for getting one, and renewal restrictions more than just getting a new card.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would love to have a autobahn in the U.S. haha that would be pretty badass. I agree too because people speed no matter what, And I think that everyone should have to retake a driving test every year because some people are such horrible ******* drivers it drives me crazy and I wish I could run them off the road, I've been in so many close calls its ridiculous, but still have managed to never been in a accident.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would love to have a autobahn in the U.S. haha that would be pretty badass. I agree too because people speed no matter what, And I think that everyone should have to retake a driving test every year because some people are such horrible ******* drivers it drives me crazy and I wish I could run them off the road, I've been in so many close calls its ridiculous, but still have managed to never been in a accident.
Totally, I would go 130 on the autobahn if we had one. Anything faster and it's scary.

All of my accidents were unavoidable. I was t-boned at a 2 way stop at a 4 way intersection. Then some ******* purposely rear ended me because he almost hit me and I honked at him for 30 seconds then passed him.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts