Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure of the exact date.....but one of our members, Natecoop, will be leaving very soon to go over to afghanistan. Just wanted to be the first to say thanks and to take care of yourself while you are gone. Hopefully you'll get plenty of chances to get online and say hello. We all support you man....be safe

eazy

·
Registered
811 Posts
be careful...and thank you!

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
THANKS A TON GUYS!!!!! I actually am going to Afghanistan, which is just as dangerous but over-shadowed by everything going on in iraq. I leave on the 13th (next tuesday). i am ready to go - sooner i get started, the sooner i get back!! i will be on the site as much as possible as soon as i get there. i am in a support position and we should be based in a clinic-type setting (supposedly with a LAN line in my lab). again, thank you! i will be missing my RR a ton so ride a couple miles for me! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm jealous. I'm actually talking to my wife about going back in. Just remember when your in the crap shoot firat and worry about the red tape later. Your own defense is the most important thing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
what branch are you in i have tons of friends that are in the marines and a few that served over in iraq, Come back to us safe and good and we'll all take a ride for you while your gone so you wont miss anything ;)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thank You, and thanks to everyone that serves the United States of America. You and people like you in the past is why America is free. You will never be looked down upon by me. I support the troops that are over in Iraq, Afghanistan, and my best friend Alan Graham who is in Kosovo until August.

Tim

PS- Nate take it easy, show the people of Afghanistan American hospitality, and the members of the taliban your ****!!! :blow:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Thanks for everything you do for us. Take care over there and return safely.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Thank you for your service to our country. You and the rest of our troops have the full support of myself and my family.

Let us know if you need a box of bike mags to hold you over till you get back. :D

Stay safe.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Nate youre the man. Us 25th ID soldiers gota stick togeather. I wish I was going but I guess they thought it would be better if I was on rear D. Go getem. Hopefuly we can go ride on saturday. Who is watchin your bike? Or is it goin in storage. If you need someone to watch it and start it up every once and a while let me know. I'm in Helimano so I got a garage if that helps any. Later bud 8)

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
hawaii600rr, yeah buddy! tropic lightning (or whatever) :mrgreen:
i'm leaving the bike at my dad's house (he is stationed here too, lives around the block from me at AMR) and he is gonna ride it every once in a while to keep her going good.

Again, THANKS A TON for all of your support everyone! i will be sure to send my address when i get in theater, i appreciate the offers from you guys to send me care packages. it is great to know that there are poeple here at home that care about us!

marshall, thanks for the notes man - i know that my section is pretty tight, and if something pops off, our goal is to all come home, whatever it takes! i will be checking in as often as possible. and i will be on everyday until i fly. talk to you guys later on!!!

nate

·
Registered
286 Posts
Here is a little poem I saw online, for christmass but works as well now:

Kids and gifts lay on the floor,
Friends and family at your door,
Just one prayer, if we may ask for more...
A safe return of the troops to our shore!

God bless and good luck

1 - 20 of 59 Posts