Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I admit it i have a serious addiction to spending money on anything that goes.

Here is my line of thinking tonight. I was about to buy a set of wave rotors for my street bikes my 600rr. I like the thought of making my bike into a show bike but what in de hell is the point of putting wave rotors on it when they will never really be used to their potential on the street. I have every intention of buying a track bike this spring and I would think wave rotors would be far better served on that machine than my street machine. Have I completely lost my mind or does anyone else agree?

This is the list of mod's I have planned for my street machine this winter.

Polish rims/power coat spokes silver
Blue Guages
Paint Chain Guard/Rear tire Hugger
R6 head light mod (possibly)

After this is there anything else that can really glorify show within reason for the street.

I don't plan on ever pushing this bike to any extreme's, that will be reserved for the track bike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you wanna make the bike a show bike than you HAVE to have Wave rotors!!! I run the Braking wave rotors and they look incredible on top of stopping phenomenally!! And you have to get the SS braided lines!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well when i mean show i don't mean physically ya take it out for getting it rated show. More like its more of a for looks bike than performance bike.

Its like in the import car ring people say your car is either all show or all go. Take for instance my acura integra makes 285 hp but if you looked it you'd think it was nothing so its classified as a sleeper. It doesn't have a big fart can on it, but its got hella engine mods and can nrun with a vette. Either way when your just talking about making your bike different from the rest of the guys on the street when do you draw the line between rediculous and okay thats a reasonable ammount of show.... I guess this all depends on the person though.

for me its sorta when I see performance parts as being absolutely obsurbed since i know they will never be put to use.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Also if you want you can pull some of the really functional showy performance stuff off and put it on your trackbike!! It's kinda like putting a Brembo big brake kit on cuz you put 19's on and need to stop the car!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I guess you haven't been riding too long, because when people start talking about chrome and bling bling they just want to get noticed, I know I was one of those, but those days have passed for me, i'm all about learning good track/riding skills and buying parts NOT for the "show" but for the performance of the bike. I think you will come to that conclusion your self when you'll ride for a couple of years. Here's a question for you, would you like to have a bike that looks good, or the bike that can be a beast on the track/street and still look good?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I know how much I am into show then. I think chrome is the stupidest thing in the world.

I will be drawing the line at the point where my bike no longer looks like every other candy blue 04RR and be satisfied with it.

Then begin to raise the funds to trick out my future track bike.

Oh and I've been riding sport bikes since I was 16; which was 12 years ago. Unless you count my YSR50 which would add another 6.

IMO Chrome is too labor intensive; and who wants to spend all that time polishing it and keeping it pretty; I'd rather spend that time riding the bike.

·
Registered
485 Posts
some pimp suspension mods... ohlins has plenty of bling, and plenty of performance for you. get some superbike forks (drool)
since bikes are so small and performance orented, you can't really show it out without ruining the performace or jsut making it look stupid. led lights all over the place, neons, strobes, they all look flipping stupid. you'll get laughed at. i say you want it to look good, do what your doing, through some money in suspension, track covers, sick marchesi wheels, and while your at it, some custom paint. i know you like the blue, keep the color, but add something cool to it.
just keep the bike rideable, carvable, and hot looking, and keep those tires without the gay 2" chicken strips, and you'll have a good mix between show and RR

·
Registered
392 Posts
My 2cents, mine will be for show instead of go. All I can say is go w/ what you like you can have the show and it will still go that's the way I look @ the picture. Yes some things adds weight like chrome but that's for show but the bike will still have some go, even though some extra weight has been added. Maybe not quicker but still some go enough go for street that's enough for me. I ? the main thing is either make it track or street bike. I like the way the rotors look also, they are sweet looking, I'm going to get them for the look and not the performance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts