Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible, or does anyone know of a way to shrink the thumb of my Knox handdorid gloves? Everything fits perfect except for the thumb, and it's really annoying when trying to do anything. So does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already thought about that but I want that to be my last resort. I'm not even sure if I can get it to shrink with heat, but hopefully someone can give some advice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today 06:14 PM teedubyaw
Can you post up a review of the gloves?
I did a review of them on my local forum so here is my copy paste

The good
-They look BAD ASS, the pictures don't do them justice
-They fit every finger but my thumb perfectly
-The ligament like thing on them doesn't resrict movement at all
-The palm is padded with sliders and it doesn't effect your grip on the bars, nore can you feel it's there
-Did I mention they look bad ass
-The boa tightening system works really well
-The leather is SUPER soft
-It has "#1" silk screened onto the pointer finger, I love this cause is subtle but fun when you put it up towards someone cause when they see it they laugh and think it's pretty cool. My girlfriend has been telling me to stop putting up the number one sign for the past couple days.

The bad
- The thumb on these gloves is HUGE, I will have to get pictures but unless you have a thumb as long as your pointer finger you will have excess leather.
-But that is the only bad

The gloves were awesome to ride in, and when I put my old A* smxair (I think thats what they were) gloves on I feel like I was never really protected. These would be great for the track guys, and perfect for the street guys like me whom like the extra protection. Overall these are some awesome gloves and I am very happy with my purchase, I can't wait to get some more ride time with them.

Here is sportbiketrackgear.com's review on the gloves

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Put them in water while you are wearing them or you can dump a bottle of water on them and grip your hands, they will conform to your hands. T

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
even shrink? and will it effect the leather at all? Like get hard, or IDK whatever else that could happen I guess

·
Banned
280 Posts
The thing with getting them wet is they may constrict a bit but after a good use they will stretch out even more... find a leather shop/taylor or find the high tensile nylon thread that they use for leather and do the mod yourself .. cut the old seams thread and remove the needed material then sew them back up and tie knotts followed by a quick burn by a lighter ...... thats the best way Note: sew from the inside of the glove i.e. turn it inside out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thing with getting them wet is they may constrict a bit but after a good use they will stretch out even more... find a leather shop/taylor or find the high tensile nylon thread that they use for leather and do the mod yourself .. cut the old seams thread and remove the needed material then sew them back up and tie knotts followed by a quick burn by a lighter ...... thats the best way Note: sew from the inside of the glove i.e. turn it inside out.
Problem is I HIGHLY doubt I can turn them inside out because of the gauntlet thing, and the exoskeleton thing.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Go to any track and see a racer when they get new gloves, first thing put some water on them to get them broken in. Your hands sweat all the time, water will not hurt leather. It will be fine go for it.. Did this to my gp pro's first day and they fit great. T

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Get the thumbs wet then dry them quickly. The water will shrink the leather a bit but it will stretch again in the places you need it to as you wear it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
just buy some new one if your going to make it this difficult.
?? I don't get what you mean by that

If your getting tired of me asking questions about it then why post a smart remark. The gloves were a $250 investment in the protection of my hands and I want to be certain that I don't mess them up. To me for $250 it's better to be safe then sorry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts