Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
What if it was on dirt and not as bloody?

If there wasnt a need for it then it wouldn't be done.

Dont judge just because you read an article-....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
And it is a cull...meaning someone with alot more education for that area than you or I have decided that it needed to be done for the betterment of the seals, and the waters that they inhabit.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And it is a cull...meaning someone with alot more education for that area than you or I have decided that it needed to be done for the betterment of the seals, and the waters that they inhabit.
I've never bought that crap, Let nature take it's course. There was obviously enough food source for the population to get to the point it was. They are being killed for thier pelt, same as killing for fur coats.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There is a place in Idaho that has a bear population problem. Because of the great food source the bears a thriving. The elk, whitetail deer and the mule deer have a 95% mortality rate because the bears eat the young as they are being born...this is first hand exp. Not an article that I read from a slanted source.

Someone that lives in that area that went to school to know what the area can handle for the seals put a population limit on the heard. I would bet that they know more than you do.

How do you know that the Indians are not eating the meat..as if that matters.

What if we just let them overpopluate until they start starving ....nature right :bitchslap: Nature isnt the nicest thing when it comes to overpopulation.

I have some pics saved somewhere on my pc of deer that were in a statepark here in Indiana. 3 year old does that should weigh 160 plus lbs weighing in at 110 lbs....not a pretty site...you romantic Idea of letting nature take care of itself is not the answer.

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Culling is necessary because our existance as human beings fucks things up.

We've destroyed a vast majority of the seals natural hunting and breeding areas and now they crowd out other areas--and then they overeat the fish population and then make the bear population unhealthy. We caused the problem, and we're only trying to to keep it from trickling down to everything else.

That is not to say that I believe in the killing of wild animals that serve no purpose. But a culling serves a purpose. In my opinion, we should breed all things that we must kill for our own use and let the wild animals stay wild.

·
Registered
730 Posts
God i hate hippies.

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Besides, this is Canada we're talking about. They're much more liberal and hippy than we are here in the States. I'll trust their judgement concerning the environment long before I trust ours.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Aeteocles said:
Culling is necessary because our existance as human beings f**ks things up.

We've destroyed a vast majority of the seals natural hunting and breeding areas and now they crowd out other areas--and then they overeat the fish population and then make the bear population unhealthy. We caused the problem, and we're only trying to to keep it from trickling down to everything else.

That is not to say that I believe in the killing of wild animals that serve no purpose. But a culling serves a purpose. In my opinion, we should breed all things that we must kill for our own use and let the wild animals stay wild.
:puke:
When ya start playing god ya get tied into it.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
WherzRoony said:
I've never bought that crap, Let nature take it's course. There was obviously enough food source for the population to get to the point it was. They are being killed for thier pelt, same as killing for fur coats.
So are you saying you don't wear a leather jacket? :shock:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wizard600RR said:
WherzRoony said:
So are you saying you don't wear a leather jacket? :shock:
I've got no problem with leather, the entire cow gets used and I mean everything. We eat the good parts and dogs get the rest, the bones are ground into fertilizer, even the blood gets dried into a fertilizer.

Easy E- I was wondering when you would chime in. I fiqured you'd be heading up to canada with your grill and smoker

mmmm, smoked seal pups!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts