Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been doing some flipping through pages of Ebay, CL, etc.. and have a few ideas of which exhaust i will be using for the side exit conversion. the mufflers ive chosen so far are from various bikes.

got any ideas on it yourself? ill be more than happy to read some opinions.

from an 06 gsx-r ive always loved the tiny MotoGP style

from an 08 cbr1krr most likely done in titanium.

kawasaki zx10r (11+)

ideas? thoughts? as you can see, a 2-bros free environment :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
i say do the mgp, love those exhausts... and make sure u take lots of pictures while you are doing it

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah ill be doing a write up on it, plenty of pictures and explanation. stay tuned :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive came to the conclusion, that this is the exhaust i will be using. ill be searching for a used on to save on $$, so if anyone happens to stumble upon one, lmk :)
this is with the 350mm extension made by none other than termignoni for an 06+ yamaha r6

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think it's funny that a few years ago everyone wanted to convert their bikes to undertail exhausts. Now those that have undertail exhausts want to convert to side exit. Does anyone remember the Dr. Seuss story about the Starbellys?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I saw a 06 cbr600rr with a side exit exhaust. Looked like a cbr954rr and I had to double take. It did look good but I'll stick with the underseat

·
Registered
119 Posts
if it looks good i will be doing this

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if it looks good i will be doing this
it may look like the most awesome bike ever.
i thought of the idea a few years back when i first saw the new cbr1k (i was riding my R1 as a streetbike then) and wondered how cool THAT subframe/seat would look on my yama.
here's a link to one thats already been done actually:
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=231980&page=2

mine WON'T be left sided exhaust though, and mine will be a different fairing set, along with other "stay going-fast" goodies.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think it's funny that a few years ago everyone wanted to convert their bikes to undertail exhausts. Now those that have undertail exhausts want to convert to side exit. Does anyone remember the Dr. Seuss story about the Starbellys?
history does repeat itself. rather, lately its been pretty ass backwards repetition. :banger:

but the real question to ask is:
"when the F%&* will people stop wanting to ruin their bikes with extended swingarms?"

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the 1krr rear looks really good but the left exit exhaust is really weird to me

·
Registered
755 Posts
it may look like the most awesome bike ever.
i thought of the idea a few years back when i first saw the new cbr1k (i was riding my R1 as a streetbike then) and wondered how cool THAT subframe/seat would look on my yama.
here's a link to one thats already been done actually:
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=231980&page=2

mine WON'T be left sided exhaust though, and mine will be a different fairing set, along with other "stay going-fast" goodies.
If you are gonna move your exhaust to a side exhaust you pretty much have to do this 1000rr tail cuz without it you'll have a huge hole where the undertail exhaust use to be. I personally like the undertail but this 600rr with an 1000rr tail looks absolutely amazingly sexy!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are gonna move your exhaust to a side exhaust you pretty much have to do this 1000rr tail cuz without it you'll have a huge hole where the undertail exhaust use to be. I personally like the undertail but this 600rr with an 1000rr tail looks absolutely amazingly sexy!
of course, i was looking around lastnight, searched for side exit conversion, a few people have done this already, but they havent made a tray to fill the gap left from not having an exhaust. & the 1krr is shorter than the stock 600 tail, which makes it look that much more sexy. not to mention the 1k has USEABLE trunk space.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 1krr rear looks really good but the left exit exhaust is really weird to me
yeah it looks easier to do since you dont have to bring the system back around the engine, but it adds even more weight to the left side.. which is already cluttered by the chain/sprocket

·
Registered
119 Posts
1k tail and right side exit shorty exhaust, thats what i wanna see

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dinggg dingg!!
just bought the subframe + battery box off ebay along with a seat & tail light.

looks very clean! and already black :)

im still looking for deals on the trim pieces. if anybody knows of any, lmk :) i look forward to it being here so i can get to work on mounting and writing up a DYI thread.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
If you can get your hands on it and make it work, I'd get a Taylor Made Side Exhaust. That's the ONLY side exhaust I'd ever get. If you know what it is, then you'll know why. Hahaha.

Tail looks good man. How are you going to get the seat to fit?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts