Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have aftermarket fairings as I wanted a change in color scheme, and they have been absolutely awesome for the last 4 months or so, but after working on the bike last weekend the connection between the side fairing and tank cover has finally warn down and no longer holds. I used some JB weld to try and re make a lip but made it to think, shaved some off and shaved to much off.

Anyone have any better idea's for getting the connection between the tank cover and the side fairing to stay shut? some sort of temporary adhesive maybe? should i try the JB weld approach again?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/217940_3841911881460_1016225392_n.jpg

There's a pic of her with the aftermarket fairings, mines the CBR Obviously.

·
Registered
96 Posts
^ I'm definitely interested in hearing thoughts on this one as it's probably the most common issue with aftermarket fairings. The rest of the kit seems to fit fine from what I've seen.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i just repainted some fairings and tried to fix the tabs on the same spot, i tried jb weld, didnt hold for long, tried again using different epoxy.. nope. tried re melting the plastic, made the plastic brittle frm heating it up, i finaly gave up , drilled a few holes an zip tied it. i hope someone can give you some ideas.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Same with me,i heard if you put 2 washers between the tank fairing and the bolt it will push the tank out enuff so it will hold.......try it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts