Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 rr and the one issue I have is with the side stand. I always think the bike is going to fall over with such a short stand. Has anyone changed their side stand for something that keeps the bike more upright?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I haven't noticed these bikes have a particularly short sides tand. Maybe yours is aftermarket or has been cut.

On other bikes I've had that leaned over too much it was because the bracket where it mounts to the frame was bent. It's hard to tell from just looking at it on the bike. You really have to remove it to tell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't noticed these bikes have a particularly short sides tand. Maybe yours is aftermarket or has been cut.

On other bikes I've had that leaned over too much it was because the bracket where it mounts to the frame was bent. It's hard to tell from just looking at it on the bike. You really have to remove it to tell.
Thanks Bat-1. I'll have a look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2008 rr and the one issue I have is with the side stand. I always think the bike is going to fall over with such a short stand. Has anyone changed their side stand for something that keeps the bike more upright?
If its been modified and you want to change it go to soupys performance and buy the adjustable kick stand. Also check the dog bones on the shock and see if they are after market or not. If its lowered and you put a stock height kickstand you may have the opposite issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts