Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, hoping someone can give me some guidance here. I have searched and searched and everything I see points to the sidestand switch. It is jumpered on my bike.

Bike is a 2007 600rr. Track only with about 15k miles. This winter I adjusted valve clearance, blocked off pair (clipped the pair solenoid plug don't think that matters), new plugs, air cleaner, revolver throttle, brembo master cylinder, etc. Bike starts in neutral, but quits immediately when put in gear. The starter will not crank with the bike in gear and clutch pulled in either. Again, my sidestand switch has been jumpered for years. Could the clutch diode cause this problem? The clutch switch itself checks out fine. I have a new diode coming late this week. I am wringing out the wiring, as time allows. Super frustrating. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case this helps anyone else, it ended up being the sidestand circuit. I found that there was no continuity from the green wire on the female end of the sidestand switch connector to ground. I cut the sidestand connector off and tied the two green and white wires and the green to the grounding lug located a couple inches away. Much cleaner now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts