Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to drop a quick note on these.

I am coming from A-Star SMX+. I was extremely dissatisfied with how they felt, quality, etc. Finally decided to sell them and move up to the Sidis.

I finally settled on the ST Air model. Jason gave me a great deal.

First off out of the box, well actuallly the box itself impressed me. As silly as that sounds, this is my first Sidi product, and before I even opened the box I was impressed with the packaging and could tell that they were going to be premium. Opened up and inspected and boy are they light, EXTREMELY well made/manufactured, flex in all the right places and dont flex where you dont want them to. I also immediately noticed that it looks like every piece on that boot is completely user serviceable/replaceable.

Tried it on and it felt like a bedroom slipper. So much easier walking than the A Stars and for once, I could really flex my ankle in order to shift.

Finally op tested them last Sunday on Jerez. Loved them. Great airflow, super light, easy to feel both the peg and the shifter. Super easy getting in and out of.

I say unless you are on an extreme budget do it right, go Sidi. And even if you are on a budget at least talk to Jason first, Sidis might be in your range.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just wanted to drop a quick note on these.

I am coming from A-Star SMX+. I was extremely dissatisfied with how they felt, quality, etc. Finally decided to sell them and move up to the Sidis.

I finally settled on the ST Air model. Jason gave me a great deal.

First off out of the box, well actuallly the box itself impressed me. As silly as that sounds, this is my first Sidi product, and before I even opened the box I was impressed with the packaging and could tell that they were going to be premium. Opened up and inspected and boy are they light, EXTREMELY well made/manufactured, flex in all the right places and dont flex where you dont want them to. I also immediately noticed that it looks like every piece on that boot is completely user serviceable/replaceable.

Tried it on and it felt like a bedroom slipper. So much easier walking than the A Stars and for once, I could really flex my ankle in order to shift.

Finally op tested them last Sunday on Jerez. Loved them. Great airflow, super light, easy to feel both the peg and the shifter. Super easy getting in and out of.

I say unless you are on an extreme budget do it right, go Sidi. And even if you are on a budget at least talk to Jason first, Sidis might be in your range.

+1 on this. I got my ST (black/red, non-air version) about a week ago, love them. they are my first full boot so I can't do a good comparison, but they feel good to walk in and even better on the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perseus - how bad do your feet sweat in the non-perf. aka on a sunny day. Worried about time + sweat = bad smell

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have these same boots non air version great boots, as mentioned the quality is top notch. As far as sweat they have little vents that can be opened to help let air in. Riding here in cali on a hot day my feet dnt sweat to bad in them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow! Thank's for the heads up. I'm gonna order some non perf then! KY is hit or miss with our weather.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
I have the non perforated version and love it the boots still come with an air inlet that has a slider to open and close such inlet depending on weather conditions

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
The Supertech R's are the direct competitor to SIDI's Vortice model. I have the Vortice and love it, can't compare it to the Supertech R's though as I have no experience with them. The Vortice's are great, it will take some time to get used to putting them on, but once mastered it isn't a hassle anymore. The fit is adjustable relatively speaking because you can adjust the 3 tensioner straps to a certain degree. Almost every part is replaceable (including the soles) which means SIDI makes their boots to 'live long and prosper'. True quality product.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The Supertech R's are the direct competitor to SIDI's Vortice model. I have the Vortice and love it, can't compare it to the Supertech R's though as I have no experience with them. The Vortice's are great, it will take some time to get used to putting them on, but once mastered it isn't a hassle anymore. The fit is adjustable relatively speaking because you can adjust the 3 tensioner straps to a certain degree. Almost every part is replaceable (including the soles) which means SIDI makes their boots to 'live long and prosper'. True quality product.
After this review and a couple of others (and the fact that I currently have a lower end pair of SIDIs) I may just end up sticking with SIDI.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts