Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a deal on Craigslist for some SATO rearsets for 07-08 as advertised.
Before I went to meet the guy I was thinking of looking up the specs/parts diagram for the rearsets (you know where this is going.) but was too lazy..

So I got there and looked at the rearset which looks clean since he only put it on his bike and took them off brand newand the guy seemed pretty cool so I let my guards down....I noticed one on the heels guards are missing so I asked the guy...he showed me the parts diagram that came with the rearsets...and there was only one shown on it so I took his word.

He was an older guy in his 50s and I was at his house so I trusted him..

Long story short ... today I contact sato to see if I can get a heel guard and when they sent me the diagram for the 07-08 I was floored to see that it does come with two heel guards.....so I need more research and on the sato site I found the diagram for the 03-06 which is the exact one that I found...

I tried contacted the guy but he insisted that its for an 07-08 and he stopped replying me....

moral of the story ....do research before you buy something ...

I want to sell them just on principle alone even though it will fit my 08 ...but I'm not at 100 post so I can't even post it in the classifies ..... sigh....

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Maybe the guy that sold them to you was told they were for an 07-08? You still have Sato rear sets for a less than brand new price so I don't see the problem other than a missing heel guard.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Sorry to hear that homeslice. It could have gone worse but luckily it didn't. Pick yourself off and will help you dust off. I'm sure somebody here will gladly buy them from you!!

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they fit the 08 what's the problem?
I think I'm just stubborn .... although it fits my 08... I just feel cheated...even though I need to take some blame for not doing research...

but just looking at them pisses me off ...

maybe it's just me...

·
Registered
377 Posts
If its really bothering you go to BARF.com and sell them.

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's posted on barf already =)

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's black ... and I don't think I'm suppose to sell anything since I'm not at 100 post but if u are interested you can find them on bayarearidersforum.com =P

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you got a decent deal, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a heelguard then to sell these and try to find another used set?
true.... the heel guard will cost $50 but i just don't want to feel like a sucker ....

if I were to get rid of them I would probably get a new set to save the headache lol

but I did do some research and i read that 03-06 set on a 07-08 will make the brake peddle angle lower than normal...but I hardly use the rear brakes tho lol

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You still know where his house is dont you?
what would you have me do? go burn it down cuz I didn't do my research first before buying the rearsets? lol

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
let's just say less then $350 =)

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Order a **** ton of pizzas to his house. Than post his number n the m4m section of Craigslist.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
now why didn't I think of that!!! Brillant idea!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts