Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I recently moved from Southern Cali to Mid Michigan.. I've got an 08 CBR600RR with full fiberglass race bodywork. quick disconnect headlight, tail light, blinkers, mirror, and license plate. It has a full Akropovic race exhaust, Bazzaz engine management, HRC 1/6 turn throttle, Vortex Rearsets, JT sprockets (-1/+3), 520 RKgold chain, brand new bridgestone dual compound tires, K&N air filter, and Galfer SS brake lines. and a few other odds and ends. Not to mention i JUST had the suspension re-setup for me. It's perfect. not to mention I just got a brand new 1 piece aplinestar trigger suit about 3 months ago..

and apparently there's only going to be about 9 trackdays in the state of michigan this YEAR! (if anyone is from the area and knows this to be untrue PLEASE let me know.) my whole family rides cruisers (i actually grew up on one and love them still) and there's harleys and triumph's galore out here for sale. and all we have here is long straight country road. my track bike doesn't seem to fit in anymore.

I don't really know if I just needed to vent or what, I guess i'm looking to see if anyone knows of more places to ride around my area that are FUN?

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Try Gingerman raceway they have test and tunes there on Wednesdays methinks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
struckby- I haven't really expanded my search. Michigan is actually a fairly large state and gas is getting expensive. and while I do have most of the stock parts, this thing will never be dismantled as long as I own it. Too much effort and memories. in other words: unless you want to buy the whole thing, fat chance!! =)

Kitfox - I took a look on their website at the schedule and I didn't see anything other than this weekend. perhaps theirs are more frequent that I thought?! which would be tight

Slim- Thanks a lot man! I've put a lot of effort into it! (that's a rattle can job on the paint, it's a little more deteriorated now, thinking of wetsanding some of the cracks and scuffs off and re-clearing it.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ugh I kind of want to! well better late than never. Checked out the GingerMan site and there it was, Test and Tune on Wed and Thurs. Though one section said motorcycles oly welcome on wednesday and another said only on thursday so I'll have to call. Anyone ever run this track? looks a bit plain but fun!

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Don't know where you are in Michigan, but here are some tracks to look into. You probably already have but, just in case.

Gratten in Grand Rapids. SportbikeTrackTime hosts.
Gingerman in Kalamazoo.
Beaverun is just over the Penns/Ohio border. NESBA.
Mid-Ohio in Lexington, Oh. 3 hours south of Ann Arbor.
Autobahn CC in Joliet, IL. SportbikeTrackTime
Nelsons Ledges in Garrettsville, OH. FastTrax
Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. Little Far, but worth it for a long weekend.

Sorry for your unfortunate relocation. I wouldn't wish this state on anyone. Long winters, short, humid summers. Snow, construction, and deer season. Those are our seasons.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
PS. I have heard some mixed reviews on G-man. A lot of people like Gratten, though.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
CBR6rcar, good list. That should be a good start. I heard Mid Ohio is very nice. Oh.....and the good news about your move to Michigan, you are now a Red Wings Fan and they are going to win it all this year.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
CBR6rcar, good list. That should be a good start. I heard Mid Ohio is very nice. Oh.....and the good news about your move to Michigan, you are now a Red Wings Fan and they are going to win it all this year.
Ah, yes! I can smell cooked Shark's as we speak! Gonna be a good series!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't know where you are in Michigan, but here are some tracks to look into. You probably already have but, just in case.

Gratten in Grand Rapids. SportbikeTrackTime hosts.
Gingerman in Kalamazoo.
Beaverun is just over the Penns/Ohio border. NESBA.
Mid-Ohio in Lexington, Oh. 3 hours south of Ann Arbor.
Autobahn CC in Joliet, IL. SportbikeTrackTime
Nelsons Ledges in Garrettsville, OH. FastTrax
Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. Little Far, but worth it for a long weekend.
Nice list...only other track i'd add to this list is http://www.putnampark.com/ by Indy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Kitfox - I took a look on their website at the schedule and I didn't see anything other than this weekend. perhaps theirs are more frequent that I thought?! which would be tight

ugh I kind of want to! well better late than never. Checked out the GingerMan site and there it was, Test and Tune on Wed and Thurs. Though one section said motorcycles oly welcome on wednesday and another said only on thursday so I'll have to call. Anyone ever run this track? looks a bit plain but fun!
IIRC Tues+Thur are for Cars and Wed are for bikes.

PS. I have heard some mixed reviews on G-man. A lot of people like Gratten, though.
The main complaint I've heard is that there are alot of slipery tar snakes. And it's very "plain" as the above post describes it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Putnam Park is alright. I went to a trackday there last weekend, and I talked to this guy from Ohio who said he's driven down to Florida for trackdays before. Barber isn't too far away either I suppose. It just sucks that up north here, the weather will be a hit or miss. It's rained both trackdays I've done at Putnam so far. By the way, did you just get out of the Marines or somethin?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Flood: yeah I just finished 5 years in the Marines.

everyone else: going on a weekend trip for a track day doesn't bother me, because you can make a weekend out of it. driving 4 hours for a 3 hour test and tune and then 4 hours back seems offputting.. but hey, got nothing to do until school starts..

·
Registered
504 Posts
Road America! I'm going on the 8th.

I know there are a few down in Illinios.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Thanks for your service! Where are you going to school? Central? SVSU? UM Flint?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts