Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Interesting.. Seems like a good idea.. Site doesn't tell you much about it, but you pretty much attach it to the bottom of your frame of your bike, and it kinda works like a magnet... The purpose is so you don't have to sit at red lights w/ your bike, and the light wont "trip" because of the lightness or lack of necessary metals of your bike. This does the trick for you and the sensor will recognize your bike.
Shade-

·
Registered
787 Posts
would be nice if it works, cause i've sat at intersection through 3 light cycle waiting for the green arrow before...i was pissed!..good thing a car pulled up behind me and the arrow turned green

C

·
0 Posts
RickRR said:
where do you put the magnet on the bike?

You would just put it inside your fairings. I wonder if these work too, I have ran quite a few redlights because of this problem in my lifetime.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
caboarder2001 said:
Hey in CA isnt it legal to make a turn on red, when the conditions are safe, if you wait through two full signals??
I dont know about CA, but in MN, yes, you just have to wait through 2 full signal cycles and then you can go when its safe.

Ive read that all those signal things are just scams and theres really no proof that they work. Ive heard that turning your bike off and starting it again can sometimes trip the light sensors. Something about the electricity of the starter is supposed to affect it. No idea if thats true either.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
It's not illegal. The lights with sensors embedded in the road work on magnetic field. A car is full of steel (magnetic) and is easily noticed. A bike is mostly aluminum and plastic, which are not magnetic, so it's not noticed as well. There are a couple of tricks to set these off. You can hit your starter button, which will spin the starter motor but not engage the starter gear so no harm is done, hoping that the magnetic field from the electric motor will trip the light, or you can usually put your kickstand down on the sensor because it is steel. I've also had good luck with rolling back and forth over the sensor.

The other types of lights are the ones with the cameras over them. They detect the vehicle optically. I've had trouble setting these off in small, dark cars, especially at night. These lights also have a special setting for emergency vehicles, which detects an infa red signal and changes the light to green so the ambulance, cop, etc doesn't have to stop. This is where it gets illegal: supposedly you can purchase a device that will make the light think you are an emergency vehicle, and will change the light to green for you. You can also do this by quickly flashing your high beams on and off several times.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
ryoung57 said:
It's not illegal. The lights with sensors embedded in the road work on magnetic field. A car is full of steel (magnetic) and is easily noticed. A bike is mostly aluminum and plastic, which are not magnetic, so it's not noticed as well. There are a couple of tricks to set these off. You can hit your starter button, which will spin the starter motor but not engage the starter gear so no harm is done, hoping that the magnetic field from the electric motor will trip the light, or you can usually put your kickstand down on the sensor because it is steel. I've also had good luck with rolling back and forth over the sensor.

The other types of lights are the ones with the cameras over them. They detect the vehicle optically. I've had trouble setting these off in small, dark cars, especially at night. These lights also have a special setting for emergency vehicles, which detects an infa red signal and changes the light to green so the ambulance, cop, etc doesn't have to stop. This is where it gets illegal: supposedly you can purchase a device that will make the light think you are an emergency vehicle, and will change the light to green for you. You can also do this by quickly flashing your high beams on and off several times.
You took the "almost" exact words out of my mouth. haha. I almost started typing before I got to your post, then read it and thought "Well good thing I didn't spend 5-10 minutes typing, just to look like an ass" lol. good post ryoung57

1 - 15 of 15 Posts