Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Today I got a letter in the mail stating that the title for my bike is a 'not actual mileage' title, meaning somewhere along the lines the gauge cluster has been replaced or repaired so the mileage is unknown. Current mileage displayed is 11,5XX miles.

Question is, since I dont know the actual mileage of the bike, how do I know if its time for the 16k valve adjustment without opening it up? It doesnt tick in any way so I doubt itll be out of spec on the loose side, but dont want things to tighten up and drop a valve. Ive seen extreme cases of hard starts when really out of spec but I dont want it to ever get to that point.

Im not concerned with the unknown mileage, bike runs great and I got it for a great deal...so its just one of those things.

·
Registered
966 Posts
They'll get tighter before looser, and thats what causes the hard starts. There is no other way of knowing besides checking properly. Don't know how an ear will help you set thousands of an inch clearences.....

·
Registered
966 Posts
Valves don't get looser on this engine :surprise:
Normally no. As the valves wear into the seats further they close the gap/clearance at the shim/cam point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts