Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I got my 04 600rr from a buddy of mine last week. The modding has begun and so has my itch for an exhaust. I knew right off hand i wanted a top notch exhaust for the bike and immediately looked at akrapovic's website. I had a graves exhaust on my R1 and love the sound of a high end pipe. When I saw the hex graves pipe I was completely sold! However I soon realized they dont offer the Hex pipe for the 03-04 bikes.. grrrr With akra my only option is the oval can with the spout or run an 05 fullsystem. I am wanting to run a slip-on on the bike rather than a full setup so i started looking at other options. I found the yoshi pipe that looks very similar to the akra pipe in shape.. It pretty much gives me the look i am looking for. however I want the sound of the high end pipe and know the akra will be deep and mellow in sound. i would never even consider the yoshi if it didnt sound like what I wanted. I am afriad that it may look like what i want but sound tinny and not give me anywhere near the sound quality i am looking for.

should I chance the yoshi pipe in favor of looks or buy the akra pipe and get the exact sound i want for sure?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have had the Yosh CF RS-5 on my 03 for a few years now and I still would not want any other exhaust. It looks sick, same type of shape as stock, but it also sounds amazing. I know a lot of guys on the site go with Akra, but I would go with the Yosh. The Yosh is clean and deep down low, but once you hit about 8k rpms, it starts screaming. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
check out arata

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just installed the Yosh C/F RS-5 on my '04 this weekend and completely agree with above comments. Look is second to none as far as i'm concerned and the engineers seemed to have gotten the sound figured out perfect. Deep clean sound <4k RPMs, insane >8k RPMs, and relatively easy on the ears in between( perfect for longer rides)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just installed the Yosh C/F RS-5 on my '04 this weekend and completely agree with above comments. Look is second to none as far as i'm concerned and the engineers seemed to have gotten the sound figured out perfect. Deep clean sound <4k RPMs, insane >8k RPMs, and relatively easy on the ears in between( perfect for longer rides)
i am fine with loud... but is the "insane" part a tinny hollow sound or does it retain some of its depth in the tone?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
an 05-06 akra should fit

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
check out the leo vince. they are on clearance right now on ebay from the "leovinceoutlet" - just got a full system for my 04 for $550 with a titanium can that looks unbelieveably good and sounds incredible!

·
Registered
901 Posts
check out the erion racing it sounds tits . nice grumble down low and screams up high . i have alot of friends with 600rrs one leo one yoshi and one akra the erion sounds better then them all not to loud not to quiet just enough pep know your coming not enough to wake everyone in your neighborhood when you come home late .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
check out the leo vince. they are on clearance right now on ebay from the "leovinceoutlet" - just got a full system for my 04 for $550 with a titanium can that looks unbelieveably good and sounds incredible!
thanks for the tip...if they had a slip on for an 03-04 i would have bought it right now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts