Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped the bike yesterday at the track with the stock farrings ( I know!) I was forced off the track by a guy passing way to tight on the inside. I trashed the right side plastics but all in all the bike is okay.

I am ordering a set of Delvic farings and have it narrowed down to the Red Bull set or the Nastro set.

Here are links to both. What set should I order? I am thinking that the red bull set is pretty generic where as the Nastro is unique. I do really like both though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08-CBR-600-RR-CBR600RR-23-PIECE-BODYWORK-FAIRING-SET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b18cba3dQQitemZ170482514493QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170485937618&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
I dropped the bike yesterday at the track with the stock farrings ( I know!) I was forced off the track by a guy passing way to tight on the inside. I trashed the right side plastics but all in all the bike is okay.

I am ordering a set of Delvic farings and have it narrowed down to the Red Bull set or the Nastro set.

Here are links to both. What set should I order? I am thinking that the red bull set is pretty generic where as the Nastro is unique. I do really like both though.

First fvk ebay, go to cbrfairings.com.... Best vendor out there IMO.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I will be ordering from them.
I didnt get a chance to edit my post (pc locked up ... only ever on this forum... must be the side bar ads... anyway) You can pick any color scheme from any make or model, and they will do it for your bike. You can even customize the colors as well. They have a very good reputation and supposedly get their plastics from Japan, as opposed to China. Yes they are painted and shipped from China, but the ABS is from Japan.

Just make sure you apply heat shielding to your fairings, ask them to give you extra during the shipment... Like all aftermarket fairing sets, it is possible that they will melt from the heat.... You could even use the heat shielding from your OEM fairings.... Good luck, I'll be hitting cbrfairings up myself probably next season, just for a change up, and to preserve my oem's....

If you go with your original two selections, I like the 2nd much much better. Yellow rims would like tight as fvk with that color scheme. The first looks like a child's playpin...

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Screw cbrfairings you might want to check this out first
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=193101
If thats the thread I think it is, one person had a bad experience because of the Chinese holiday. Cbrfairings ended up shipping him TWO complete sets for the price of one!... I've seen way more GOOD reviews than negative... and like any manufacture/vendor, someone will have a bitch...

Edit to add: Its a different thread than what I thought... (I should have checked first... ;) ) Even still, what I said above still holds.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
BTW, whoever you go with, please keep us updated on your experience. :shakehand

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Just keep researching. I can show you threads from unhappy customers for any manufacture, Toshiba, Sharp, Honda, Harley, you name it!

·
Registered
143 Posts
A friend of mine took the cheap way out and the fairings he got off of ebay just like the ones you wanted, didnt match up and was the cheapest material youve ever seen.. didnt even have screw holes in the right places.. big mess. ..

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Yep, stay away from e-bay at all costs... The fairings from cbrfairings are near perfect fit. They classify them as "injection molded" and guarantee a perfect fit (not always perfect, but pretty damn close, like 99 percent close)... I'm not touting cbrfairings... but I've read many good reviews on fitment, durability, shipping, and customer service. Please do full research before considering, but IMO, you really cant go wrong with cbrfairings. They will get you what you expect. If its not what you thought, they will correct it.......

This site has a number of threads about cbrfairings... check them out

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
IMO, go with the Red Bull ones - the other ones have way to many flower things on em. :gay:
That is unless your not a bloke, no problem with that scheme for a female rider.

And Octane is right, personally I have never bought from them but with all the reviews and what not I have read on here cbrfairings seem like the way to go.
You will of course have a couple of bad reviews but when the overwhelming majority say that they are good (even excellent) chances are the majority has it right. From what I have read their major issues are small runs (not overly noticeable) and slight fitment issues on the edges of the fairings due to paint build up in that area (fixed with a sharp knife).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a set of track plastics on the way they just did not make it in time. I will be streeting this bike as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts