Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
not yet... i'm sure someone will come out with that and ask 3K for it :bitchslap:

·
Registered
336 Posts
that is a really crappy photochopped pic of gixxer with a ducati rear wheel.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I knwo that they aren't as riged as a reg swing arm. That's why Ducati went back to a reg swingarm for the 999. It's also harder to adjsut the chain. But easier to take off the wheel.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yeah, single sided swing arms are old school now. The factory braced one is a lot stronger. I got a friend who races a 1997 Honda RS250GP with the "Pro-Arm" and he tells me that if he takes it hard on the corners, the swing arm will flex so much that the tire wall will rub against the arm. After the race, you can see where the tire contaced the swing arm.

Here is my NSR250 with the "Gull Arm" I think it's overkill for a 250cc bike, but that's Honda!! :D

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
It is not that a traditional swingarm is stronger than a single sided arm.... But that equal weight swingarms single and traditional are not of equal strength. Triumph uses a single sided swingarm on their 955 Daytona and Speed Triple. The swingarm holds up fine to the 140hp. Die hard fans of Triumph were screaming for a lighter bike, so Triumph released the Daytona with a traditional swingarm (significant weight savings for the total weight). People then bitched they wanted the styling of the single sided arm, so they went back to it and accepted the weight penalty.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
We sell the Ram singles, they will run you around 3K...even comes with wheels.

We sell 3 or 4 a year...mainly to guys that are just wanting something different than everyone elses.

I have never seen one in person, it drop ships directly to the customer

·
Registered
682 Posts
looks kind of crazy in my opinion...

not sure if they're just as strong as stock...

if they were as strong or stronger than the stock...then definitely a buy...but not worth for that price...

just my opinion.

- D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts