Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a safe, practical way to change a 600 rr to a single sided swingarm? I love that look such as the Ducati 1098 i know you would have to switch the rear brake to the other side but then it gets in the way of the chain and sproket so uhhh delete the back brake haha or figure something else out just asking dont hate on this thread too much

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unless you're going to make it a show bike and have a lot of $$$ to spend I wouldn't bother. Ducati spent quite a bit of money engineering their setup, and even if you got a custom piece done, most likely it would be a tubular setup and would just look completely out of place.

·
Registered
160 Posts
With all that money spent, you could probably buy another used bike. If you want a single sided swingarm buy a bike that comes with one stock. Its probably less costly and safer that way.

·
Registered
655 Posts
There was another post about this not too long ago with a link to a youtube video with a single sided swingarm on a 600rr that looked pretty bad ass. Another member was looking to do the same. I will give it a quick search and post it for reference if I can find it, if it isn't "right there" though I'd recommend digging a little deeper on this forum.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
holy crap that's alot of dough.

and the 848 does not have a SSS.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree. With the money you would spend on a sss you could do a lot to your bike and still have money left over. Unless there is some type of conversion you could do yourself, I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Don't do it! When do you consider a mod so expensive that you say, "well, I could just get a Ducati for the same money." That's crazy talk. It'd be cool lookin' though. :icon_roll

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Buy a VFR or Duc.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts