Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My buddy's was about to buy an 01 f4i for a decent price, the seller told us it has been sitting for about a year, so he going to do some basic maintaience (replace fluids, battery, plugs, etc.) before he sells it. So the seller does all that stuff and today he calls me and tells me it still won't start and he's narrowed it down to the fuel pump which needs to be replaced. what other precautions should I take before allowing my friend to buy this bike, should we even buy it?

Im pretty crafty when it comes to mechanics so replacing the fuel pump appears to be a sinch, but If thats not the probem Im not really sure what else could be wrong. What other problems are associated with buying a bike that has been sitting?

·
Registered
231 Posts
What kind of a decent price??? Have you personally looked at the bike?? Does it even roll over?? Is He sure its the fuel pump? Will the owner allow you to take it to a shop?

If not then throw a really LOBALL offer since it doesn't start. You already said you were kinda bike savvy. The money saved can get you the parts to get it running properly.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well at 1st it 4500 after this issue hes taking off 1g. I seen the bike, cosmetically its in good to excellent condition but at the time the battery was out so Im not sure if it turns over. When he called he said he got a new battery and finished the maintence, didnt mention that it turned over tho. I be taking a look at it this weekend.

Somes things I think I forgot to mention: Its been sitting with all the fluids including the gas with no fuel stabil. It has 15000 miles

·
**Can't SEE My RC UJB smoked **
469 Posts
you might be in luck if you buy it but dont take my word for it. i had an f4i and i rode it home and parked it and the next time i tried to start it it would just turn over. the bike did not move and there is no posible way someone esle could have and me not know about it. i had no idea why it wouldnt start so i took it to the dealer and the tip over sensor just decided to go bad out of no where. tip switches are easy to replace too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.