Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my bike looses power, above 10k. Usually when I am on it hard, but, it also does it when just rolling on the throttle. I've been using premium gas from gas stations with a separate hose for each fuel, and, regular from ones that don't. It seems to have this problem even on high octane gas. My bike has a power commander, with the map loaded from PC for my exhaust. I am uncertain if the bike has an air filter, but the map states for stock or aftermarket air filter.

It isn't relly a LOSS of power, how should I put it, it is like on, off. Decelerare, accelerate, on and on and on..... Usually in the higher gears, didn't really happen in first or second. Any ideas?

D

·
0 Posts
Is this a 2003-2006 600RR? Will the bike accelerate past 10,000RPM? If not, try checking the flow rate of the fuel pump. More then likely it is going bad and needs to be replaced. It's been a common occurrence lately.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Your your battery terminals? my negative terminal was loose so when i got going it would kind of disconnect then reconnect and that would cause some weird power fluctuations.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked your spark plugs?
No, I have not checked them yet. Do you suggest that I simply get new ones? how hard are they to get out?

Is this a 2003-2006 600RR? Will the bike accelerate past 10,000RPM? If not, try checking the flow rate of the fuel pump. More then likely it is going bad and needs to be replaced. It's been a common occurrence lately.
It can accelerate past 10k, but not at full throttle. I have to ease it up over. And even then sometimes it likes to stutter. I tried Octane booster once, and I noticed it act up after that. I hope that didn't fry the fuel pump or something of that nature.

Your your battery terminals? my negative terminal was loose so when i got going it would kind of disconnect then reconnect and that would cause some weird power fluctuations.
I did take the battery out of the bike at one time, to look under it, for the title when I bought it. I just checked it, and BOTH of the connections were loose. So, I torqued them down, and, put a drop of loctite on there. I won't know if this fixed it untill tommorow, when I ride it, though. Thanks for the tip!

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
The loose connections might be the culprit. Happened to me when I went above 6k but the bike just flat out turned off.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
ya know, since my rebuild i have had a similar problem. a lack of power in the higher rpm's. Im awaiting some answers to this question as well.... good luck

·
Registered
147 Posts
It is a fuel issue..

Either a pinched line, bad pump, or a plugged filter on the pump.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
+1 on the battery check. i was riding twistys hard earlier this past summer, and exiting a corner i got on it and my power stuck at 4ks! no pull at all! so i head back to town, stop at a gas station for a drink. go to fire it up. CLICK CLICK DEAD!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, Thanks for all of the tips. I checked a few things back and forth before riding it, including the fuel lines, because had I have done damage due to running lean, I woudn't have been able to afford the parts to do the repair. I checked teh fuel lines, they were good, so, I then checked my power commander map, and it was good.......

Long story short, it was the battery connections. It also has a lot smoother power when on the throttle hard now. Much better all around. My suggestion would be to use loctite on those battery connections.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts