Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this just started happening today, but when i try to go from 1st to neutral it goes into neutral and quickly jumps into 2nd; and the same thing when trying to go from 2nd to neutral it goes into neutral but then quickly shifts into first. therefore i cannot get the bike to stay in neutral anymore no matter how delicately i try shifting. any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just did an oil change recently, and have tried shifting into neutral both at a stop and while moving. no luck either way

·
Registered
847 Posts
How long have you had the bike? What year is it and how long has it been since the oil was last changed?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Double check the shift linkage for anything binding it up. Even slightly. Look for any reason you'd have to put more pressure on the shifter to get it to shift.

If everything looks fine, I guess the next thing would be to remove the clutch cover and see what's up with the star shaped part on the shift drum.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I know while riding or stopped it is very easy to put in neutral. When i first got the bike it wasn't. It took some finess to get to where i'm @ now. Yours seems like another problem. Dcope is on the right trail w/ something binding. Follow his advice.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I just started having this problem today, but its only at a stop and if i give it a little rev i can get it into N and it stays there

going to change the oil tommorow, hopefully its that easy. yea right murphys law right...

did you ever find a solution???

·
Registered
500 Posts
Do you guys even read through this thread before posting a reply? Post #4 "JUST DID OIL CHANGE RECENTLY."

What kind of oil did you use?

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
did you switch to synthetic?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Do you guys even read through this thread before posting a reply? Post #4 "JUST DID OIL CHANGE RECENTLY."

What kind of oil did you use?
Post number 7... 2009
Post number 8... 2011

Maybe I read through a little more carefully than some others...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts