Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so say my friend borrowed my motorcycle and had a head on collision with a non moving object (something other than a car) and beat the **** out of his body (many broken bones, collapsed lung and sliced liver) and he does have an endorsment but no insurance. The front forks, and wheel are completely done but the frame and everything else is fine but a few scratches.

what the hell should i have done? he doesnt have insurance so he has to get sued by my insurance to get the cash anyways or is there a way i can get him to just pay cash and now have to report the whole thing to my insruance...? are my rates gonna start to rape me since im 19, male, and this is my first street bike? or will the insurance be contacted because he was brought to the hospital and put in the ICU and was suspected of speeding and being heavily intoxicated?

what the hell do i do so i dont get f*cked?!?!?!

maybe now i can do the inverted fork conversion and the HIDs since HIds are less than stock

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i think i will. but cant i just used salvaged parts from other bikes?

only hesitation about repairing the bike is that it wont ever ride the same

·
Registered
329 Posts
that's rough man id be more worried about my friend though lol

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Honestly, the cost of fixing your bike is the least of your concerns at this point. You need to first see where your legal liability rests with the injured friend and smashed car he ran into. If it were my friend I'd pay to fix my own damn bike. If he doesn't have medical insurance, he's in for some large bills from the ambulance and hospital. Even with medical insurance the co-pays can be rough on something like this and he may need physical therapy. Who cares about the bike, easy to replace one of those. Right now might not be the time to ask him about it...gotta choose your words wisely when it comes to this.

·
Registered
523 Posts
1st why did you let him borrow you bike if he war drunk? 2nd you should fix the bike yourself and not report anything to your insurance. anyways thats what i would do.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
+1 to what Gixxer6 said!

wow...You are a true friend...with friends like you who needs enemies!!!!

your buddy is all jacked up and all your worried about is upgrading your bike and not getting sued???

If he is a "true friend" (unlike you) he would never sue you..NEVER!

and you should really just stab yourself in the eye with a lead pencil for being a jerkoff!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
For reasons like this...that's why I'm the only one that rides my bike.
+1000...I don't let anyone, not even my friends with bikes ride my bike.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yea nobody is covered under your bike insurance but you so you are stuck with fixing the bike out of pocket and your friend is stuck with about 100k in medical bill if he makes it. All this could have been avoided if you would not have given him the keys. I would not even drive a car after one drink let alone a bike drunk as a skunk. Friends don't let friends drive (ride) drive drunk. He could be dead because YOU handed him the key.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
so say my friend borrowed my motorcycle and had a head on collision with a non moving object (something other than a car) and beat the **** out of his body (many broken bones, collapsed lung and sliced liver) and he does have an endorsment but no insurance. The front forks, and wheel are completely done but the frame and everything else is fine but a few scratches.

what the hell should i have done? he doesnt have insurance so he has to get sued by my insurance to get the cash anyways or is there a way i can get him to just pay cash and now have to report the whole thing to my insruance...? are my rates gonna start to rape me since im 19, male, and this is my first street bike? or will the insurance be contacted because he was brought to the hospital and put in the ICU and was suspected of speeding and being heavily intoxicated?

maybe now i can do the inverted fork conversion and the HIDs since HIds are less than stock
did u report it to the police or insurance? coz one way or the other, ur insurance will go up unless u don't report it which means, ur gonna eat up the damages. just make sure ur friend is ok. if he's really ur friend, he will at least try to pay u back. good luck

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
did u report it to the police or insurance? coz one way or the other, ur insurance will go up unless u don't report it which means, ur gonna eat up the damages. just make sure ur friend is ok. if he's really ur friend, he will at least try to pay u back. good luck
Yes, but what if the kid has no medical insurance? Even with insurance it will cost him a lot of money. I honestly would not have my friend pay me back at all. I would feel partly responsible and as a sign of taking responsibity and respect for friendship, I'd fix it myself.

·
Registered
860 Posts
We're you with your friend WHILE he was drinking? Did you know he left intoxicated, or were you informed after the accident? Is your friend even 21? I would hope you wouldn't have handed your friend the keys knowing he was intoxicated to ride your bike. I hope he had medical insurance, b/c it's gonna be a monster of a bill. I'd say cut your losses with the bike, give yourself a few years, then try again. If you're not mature enough to say no, then you need to wait until you are.

·
Registered
487 Posts

Hard lesson learned on letting people ride your bike. This is exactly why I will never let anyone ride my bike.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Here's my honest opinion- you should have never owned a sport bike in the first place. I hope that you will never be covered by any insurance company again.
Buy a nice pair of walking shoes.
Bri

1 - 20 of 51 Posts