Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 RR and my hands keep falling asleep on rides of more than 15 minutes. This is really getting to be a problem for me. I've changed out gloves and tried differen't riding positions, but it's not getting any better. I'm afraid the aggressive position (used to have an F3) is the culprit. I love the bike and the way it rides, its just killing me on long rides. Anybody got similiar problems and or solutions? Is there some kind of bar riser or differen't handlebars that would help?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
your riding on your wrists. Your arms need to be relaxed and you should be holding the tank with your thighs like /\ he said.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
As posted above, use your legs more! I had the same problem when I first got my bike, but after a lot of reading on here and riding, I started gripping with my knees and relaxing my arms and hands.... no more numbness.

Safe riding!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
use your legs squeezing the tank and your lower back muscles to support your torso - u need to take weight off of ur hands.....

when i first started riding last summer, i too got numb and tingling hands after about 20 minutes of riding for the first week or so.....but after that I figured the posture out that works best for me

·
Registered
650 Posts
Use your seat--scoot back! Also placing the balls of feet on pegs FTMFW. Don't give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome by riding on your wrists! Changing your riding position will fix this problem with a quickness!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is it from the way you are gripping, or from the vibration in the handlebars? If it is from vibrations, try getting a heavier weight for the end of your handlebars.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
don't get those cramp busters, they can easily get you into an accident if you are not extremely careful. But then again maybe its just me. Get some grip pads like techspecs and then it will become so easy to grip the tank with you legs and that will take weight of your hands. You can also get some weighted bar ends to reduce the vibrations. Try motivation weighted bar ends. Scoot a little back on ur seat while riding, try to keep your hands as parallel to the ground as possible. You can also adjust the angle of break and clutch so you don't have to twist you wrists weird while pulling the clutch in or breaking. I had the same problem when I got my 07.

·
Registered
454 Posts
On my bike from about 5700 rpm up to about 6800 rpm, the vibes through the clipons will make my hands numb pretty fast. Try to avoid riding in that rpm range, or get some heavy bar end weights to change their resonance frequency.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not vibration related. I believe its bacause I am riding with a lot of weight on my wrists. I've played around with my riding position and still can't seem to find a sweet spot. Maybe I'm just getting old and turning into a wussy. I don't have any probs riding bicycles or during other activities. Thanks for the replies so far guys.

Shamrock

·
Registered
579 Posts
its more your stomach and back muscles being used to hold you then your legs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
if its your wrists that hurt do what has already been said...

but if they are going numb that probably from the vibrations and that i dont know how to change i just deal with it but that usually happens is i am on a hour + ride

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's not vibration related. I believe its bacause I am riding with a lot of weight on my wrists. I've played around with my riding position and still can't seem to find a sweet spot. Maybe I'm just getting old and turning into a wussy. I don't have any probs riding bicycles or during other activities. Thanks for the replies so far guys.

Shamrock
Hands going numb is either from putting pressure on the outside middle of your palm (inch or 2 below your pinky finger) because there is a nerve there, or its vibration. The vibrations that cause this aren't necessarily so violent you can really feel them all of the time. Sometimes if you're not paying attention and ride in that rev range the only way you'll notice is when your hands suddenly get numb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hands going numb and throttle control

I am an older rider, and I have this problem to the point where sometimes it makes the ride very unpleasant. It really only affects my throttle hand.

I found that the problem for me had nothing to do with the weight on my hands or knees gripping against the tank.

For me, the solution came when I found a way to 'unlock' the elbow of the hand most affected, in my case, the throttle hand.

It seems that the locked elbow was diminishing the blood supply to my hand, causing the numbness. I subconsciously 'lock' that elbow to keep the throttle position steady.

If I could somehow safely keep the throttle from snapping shut on its own (which is an important safety feature, I know), I think I could move around a bit more and keep that arm and elbow looser.

I'm open to suggestions that might help me safely hold the throttle open with less grip from my throttle hand.

·
Registered
554 Posts
rotate your wrist a bit forward.
the way you holding the throttle is blocking the blood from going into your hand.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I recently got my bike and had this problem too. Early, I went out riding and tried different riding positions. The one that kept my hands from numbing is the one everyone is suggesting. Use your thighs to grip the tank and take a some weight off your hands. It felt so much better to me and I can really enjoy the ride now.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Yes, the real key is to not lock those elbows! Tech-Specs gripter pads or Stompgrip on the tank helps greatly and your man berries will thank you as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts