Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have decided that I need to get one or the other. I dont have comprehensive coverage on my bike, so if it goes down, its on me. Has anyone ran into any issues with the "Race Railz"? I mostly commute, with some twisties and stuff on the weekends, but nothing crazy, my chicken strips could be called "Big Bird" LOL. Either way I need to cut my farrings, but it just seems like the railz would provide ALOT more protection for both me and the bike.

BTW, I'm sure I want to do this before an exhaust, how much money will a pipe save me in a wreck?

Just lookin for some input guys,

Brandon

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I just order the railz, since the last time I crashed I broke a slider off, so I'm going to try the railz, from what I've heard they seem to take a good beating.. so we'll see.. have you seen the pictures of it? they dont mount the same way as regular sliders, they mount higher..so the fairing has to be cut in a different location...NOT my bike, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, they had them installed on an 06 600rr sitting in the show room at the local honda shop. Much cleaner install than that of the picture.

I'm leaning twards the railz,

Brandon

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm curious about the rails. For sliders, you should aways get delrin because the other stuff will catch and throw your bike up in the air.

Won't those rails do the same thing? Save the fairings, but send the bike up in the air so that the top and back can get destroyed?

·
Registered
293 Posts
don't know about the 600rr's but on my r6 I had a cage (almost same position as the rail,just more coverage) anyway if you leave the bike in the sun, the metal will heat up and burn your shins,also your shins will bump the metal once in a while and it does hurt..on a positive side I personally think it forces you to ride with a more aggressive stance.
I head that "sliders" are good for high speed laydowns and a "cage" or "rail" is best for lower speed drops.The slider is there to make the bike slide at high speeds on its side as apposed to cage which could cause the bike to begin rolling due to the shape the rail or cage creates

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
the power railz are mounted high so that you can go to twisties, they're not intended really for stunting, since the ones I posted ( and bought) are considered Track Railz by that company, they also offer the regular cages too.. mines dont really get hot, and I dont have any problems with hitting them on my legs, but I also wear leg armor all the time so even If i did It wouldnt be a major issue.. but its all up to you, some people think its ugly as sh*t some like it, so far most people who've seen mines like it alot, and I've even refered them to pick up a few, (since its on sale thins month).. but in the end its just up to you, hopefully this weekend I can get some better pics of it..

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Kelvrick said:
I'm curious about the rails. For sliders, you should aways get delrin because the other stuff will catch and throw your bike up in the air.

Dude thats not true at all...any wreck can "throw your bike in the air" it all depends on the crash it's self.... I have seen many crashed bikes with regular sliders that saved the bike just fine.

I would say the main reason a bike gets thrown up is from the tires, not the sliders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.