Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just bought the all black with some red writing 600rr '06. It's sexy.
I want to keep her that way. So i'm looking at frame sliders.

Some quick questions.

1) will sliders keep my fairings from getting dinged up in a parking lot drop? (i'm worried about drops more than laying it down, I'm a short guy, and have a hard time standing flat footed.)

2) Cut / No-Cut? (i've heard it's not worth doing unless you do Cut. I would rather not cut the fairing if I don't have to, well let me know what you think.)

3) Out of the different sliders, any recommendations for asthetics/functionality?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You can do a search for better info, but here's some quick answers.

1. maybe... they should at least keep the fairings from getting cracked/broken, but the fairings could still get some scratches and stuff.

2. I've heard the no-cut sliders aren't as good, and from the looks of them, I believe it... no personal experience with that though.

3. Woodcraft seem to be a popular choice, as well as Sato and Intuitive I believe, but do a search for "frame sliders" and you'll definitely find the answers/opinions you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
check out the powerrailz, they require more cutting than normal sliders but keep alot of the bike off the ground and still allow for track/twisties. I just got them on my bike.

·
"oh, theyre real... takatas."
1,163 Posts
not to hi-jack but SYTFU, how you liking them?

and also the first response is pretty much the best info.

·
Registered
428 Posts
you will get a 100 answers on this one. I had the derlin ones off ebay and i crashed about 75mph and they worked perfect. my side hardly got messed up. Stay away from the no cut sliders. Its the lazy man way of messing up your bike more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the local shop, and i thin everyone agreed that they like the Shoguns the best. That's what I'm going to get, it's half the price of the vortex, and the guys there swear by them (they are all pretty serious track guys, and have crashed tested them.)

·
Registered
282 Posts
i have the OES swingarm spools and frame sliders and i like them alot (though i have yet to test them out, thankfully... knock on wood)

no cut sliders are teh ghey

·
Registered
218 Posts
MeltdOwn350 said:
i have the OES swingarm spools and frame sliders and i like them alot (though i have yet to test them out, thankfully... knock on wood)

no cut sliders are teh ghey
+1 i have the exact same set up... i like the way OES sliders look and they're affordable. I paid 67 for a pair of spools, frame sliders, and special alighment tool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts