Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
i tried a search, didnt really find anything that helps...for all you high altitude guys-i live at 8100 feet and commonly ride between 5280 (denver) and 11,000 (leadville). i talked to a couple people about this- will putting a slip on on my '07 require me to get a power commander? i dont want a pc, but i do want a slip on-but with little atmosphere up here, what should i do??? thanks for any help-
ps, low-land guys feel free to post up too:) any help appreciated!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
i wouldnt think so, all a pc does is map out your ecu. it would help, but with todays technology you can put a slip on without haveing to get a pc. just my .02

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm ok thanks- that's what I thought- my snowmobile is smart enough to figure out intake and exhaust, why not my bike? However, the guy I talked to put a yoshimura slip on on an 06 cbr and they needed a pc just to get the bike to run stock...that's why I'm worried--

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Hmm ok thanks- that's what I thought- my snowmobile is smart enough to figure out intake and exhaust, why not my bike? However, the guy I talked to put a yoshimura slip on on an 06 cbr and they needed a pc just to get the bike to run stock...that's why I'm worried--
Naw. You're good man. 6700 ft. here with an 06 and yoshi. Runs nice and strong.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I've got a KR Tuned slip on on my 07 and it didn't seem to be any issue when I did my ride from Salt Lake City (4300ft) thru parleys (7200ft) to Kimball junction (6371ft) and then to Heber (5600ft).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on-sounds like a good ride too! A buddy straight piped his kawi (took off can and replaced with a pep boys exhaust tip-he said it shot raw gas for a few, bit then recalibrated. I guess why I'm worried is the lack of back pressure, but he said that my butterfly valve (pre-cat) is what makes the pressure. All the mid pipe and silencer do is muffle sound....true or false? In theory you could run anything off the end of the midpipe and it'll be ok? Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts