Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Honda CBR600RR and I am curious about these "slip on exhaust systems." I have never heard of them before. I do not do any serious racing, I only ride around the town. I am wanting a new exahust because I do not care of the stock one but I am wondering how everyone feels about these slip on exhaust. They seem really simple and something I can do myself but wanted to hear some opinions on them!

Thanks guys !

Zach

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a 2008 Honda CBR600RR and I am curious about these "slip on exhaust systems." I have never heard of them before. I do not do any serious racing, I only ride around the town. I am wanting a new exahust because I do not care of the stock one but I am wondering how everyone feels about these slip on exhaust. They seem really simple and something I can do myself but wanted to hear some opinions on them!

Thanks guys !

Zach
A full system is everything from the headers to the exhaust tip (headers, link pipe (if applicable) and end pipe).
A slip on is pretty much the same thing but without the headers.

The main point of a full system is to increase the power output, but it is so slight that a normal rider probably wouldn't notice it

The main point of a slip on is for the looks and the sound. It will more than likely not change the power output by much, if anything.

What do you want a new exhaust for? Then we can help you decide between the two. A slip on is much cheaper!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Get a slip on for sure. You can do it yourself easy it's Judy taking some fairings off and a couple bolts. A full
Exhaust wouldn't he worth the money you would spend, they are an easy install as well though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Get a slip on for sure. You can do it yourself easy it's Judy taking some fairings off and a couple bolts. A full
Exhaust wouldn't he worth the money you would spend, they are an easy install as well though.
Find something that suits your style there's plenty out there so do some research for what sound tone you like and what style of the pipe would look good on your ride. YouTube can give you a general idea of sound and looks but in person they tend to be a little different IMO

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
215 Posts
Totally agree with all above. There are videos on youtube on how to take the old one out if you get stuck (you shouldn't, its pretty self explanatory just by looking at it).

Full systems usually mean messing around with CPU's and the like, so a slip on is definitely the way to go for you if you are just looking to improve the aesthetics and sound.
Have a browse of other members bikes for ideas on which slip ons look good. Personally I will be getting a Akraprovic purely for its looks. A lot of people go for leo vince or two brothers slip ons.
As MTsoul said, their are tons out there, and all have their own sound, own looks and own price tag.
Personally I don't find youtube a great help when it comes to sound due to the usually crappy microphones used to record and crappy speakers to play back the sounds, you are never going to get an accurate representation of sound.

You could try going down to your local meet to see if anyone with a CBR has a modified exhaust, but anything is better than stock ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
All a slip on is gonna do for you is relieve a little back pressure and make your bike louder. A full exhaust is what would actually free up horsepower but you'd need an intake and remap to match it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts