Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to, for the same price, get a slip-on from a manufacturer that I really want, or a full-system from a manufacturer that is all right I guess (for my '03 600RR). I'll leave the manufacturers names anonymous so people's biases/preferences don't come into play here.

My issue is, I ride track so HP on top is welcome, but I also ride street so I don't want to lose much low-mid range power, and a full system might hurt a little in the low-mid range (correct?).

Since I can't find dyno charts for the full-system, my question is, approx. what RPM would a full system start giving comparable gains over stock like a slip-on, and then at approx. what RPM would a full system start to outshine the slip-on? If I end up w/ a slip-on I'd probably heat wrap the OEM headers, but who knows if that's good for any considerable HP.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
im guessing the full system would be a yoshi... lol... cheap mofo's

get the full if you dont mind it and you kinda like it... used the money saved for pc and tune

its your bike, get what you like best.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I think the general consensus is that a full system moves your powerband into the higher revs, so that would mean a loss in mid range.

I think you should be able to look at competing systems who do provide generic dyno stats for their slipon and full systems to determine your final decision.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Most dyno stats of full systems always lose some low end......the majority of gains are when your doing 100+ mph.

If you have a good tuner that can set you up with a good map, then the loss would be minimal.

I've had both full and slips.....and to be honest with you, it really didn't matter when it comes to street ridining because your not doing 100+ 99% of the time.

In my honest opinion: Full systems are a waste, unless your competing on a track where it is crtical for hp and weight saving measures. Most people who purchase a full system just do it for "bragging rights" or to "make their bike sound cool".....I call that the squid "effect" or "thinking".

Save your money and get a slip-on.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i think i've made up my mind. i will go with the slip-on. struckbylitenin got it right... the full system in question was a Yoshimura RS-5 titanium. yeah yeah, i know you all hate Yoshimura Honda pipes. instead, i plan on going with a Leo Vince slip-on and some heat wrap on the headers.

thanks all!

·
Registered
421 Posts
i have a micron ultralite ti slipon Brand New and a slightly used one( bout 125 miles and still going ) for sale. pm me if you are interested. thnx.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
ok i think i've made up my mind. i will go with the slip-on. struckbylitenin got it right... the full system in question was a Yoshimura RS-5 titanium. yeah yeah, i know you all hate Yoshimura Honda pipes. instead, i plan on going with a Leo Vince slip-on and some heat wrap on the headers.

thanks all!

LEO FTW!

here's mine

·
Registered
394 Posts
i do street riding, i was wondering no the full system to a slip on sound wise, in wa cagers seem to be blind and don't care, so i want peoples opinions on this. i am not worried about top end i want low end mid range power for coming out of the s turns.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i do street riding, i was wondering no the full system to a slip on sound wise, in wa cagers seem to be blind and don't care, so i want peoples opinions on this. i am not worried about top end i want low end mid range power for coming out of the s turns.
just get a slipon.... sound is gonna be close (plus spending $500 more for the Full (if not more) just for sound is a waste). and it wont mess your powerband too much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts