Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im thinking of getting a slip on soon, but wont be getting a PCIII right away. How badly will it effect the performance of the bike to run a non stock slip on without the PCIII? Its not bad for the bike is it?

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
from what i have gathered thru the millions of threads about this is that you will not need one, unless you get a aftermarket air filter or some other type of performance mod.
but then again i could be wrong. I have a slip on without PC3 and i am just fine

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
no, but your gonna smell like gas after every ride. and low speed 1st gear traffic creeps are gonna be lurchy and annoying.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I like the smell of gas... as long as i am not near an open flame

·
Registered
406 Posts
my girlfriend loves when i come home after riding...she likes the smell of my cologne and gas together...
shes weird but i love her!

·
Registered
885 Posts
+1 on the gas smell my leo has that nice raw fuel smell kinda like the new car smell but completly dfferent

·
Registered
965 Posts

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
I agree.. and I LOVE IT!! :)

I love it, but my fiaince doesn't lol, she wouldnt even let me hug her more than a quick second when i used to ride to go see her.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i know there is no substitute for a custom map, but will a PC3 with the map they provide for your slip-on at least help with the lurching and gas smell a little bit?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already smell like exhaust after riding anyways so no biggie there.

Why would a different can make the bike smell more? More or less back pressure from the new one? Would the fuel mix get messed up or something? I kinda understand why, but if someone could give a brief reason, that would be cool.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Bikes tend to run lean with aftermarket exhaust. Running lean creates more heat in the combustion chamber that can lead to premature engine failure. If you live at a high elevation you can get by without a PC3 but the closer to sea level the worse the problem becomes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I reaked of gas even after short rides when i was completely stock.

Now that i put the Yoshi on it, I still smell like 93 octane. I dont mind it unless Im riding into work.
I just thought the strong smell of gas was because of the undetail exhaust instead of one mounted on the side like my previous bikes..

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just thought the strong smell of gas was because of the undetail exhaust instead of one mounted on the side like my previous bikes..
Thats a big part of it. The back of my jacket gets it the worst.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
my girl hates it. she rides on the back tho so she smells more than me

·
C.F. A member **C.F. Whore ** :)
261 Posts
I am seeing this now...I just upgraded my pipe (Again) and did not see any real changes until I upgraded my OEM air filter to a BMC one the day before I put on my new exhaust and I notice alot more gas smell coming out. I will be getting mine mapped this year. This does make a difference.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my girl hates it. she rides on the back tho so she smells more than me
Yeah, my ex had really long hair that she'd wear in a pony tail out the back of her helmet. I noticed her hair would just reek after we'd go riding. Lol... I never mentioned it of course.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts