Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im fitting a two bros slip on to a 2012 cbr600rr iv heard aftermarket slip ons dont get as hot as the factory one. Has anyone taken the heatsheilds of there bike when fitting a new slip on? Cause the aftermarket pipe has really nice colouring to it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im fitting a two bros slip on to a 2012 cbr600rr iv heard aftermarket slip ons dont get as hot as the factory one. Has anyone taken the heatsheilds of there bike when fitting a new slip on? Cause the aftermarket pipe has really nice colouring to it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I realize this may be a bit of a late response, but I *just* installed an Akrapovic on my CBR, and despite the link pipe being titanium, it still gets ******* hot. Enough to burn your leg if you don't put the heat shield on it. Though I could poke it with my finger at full temp and it wouldn't burn instantly, so definitely cooler than the stock.

The actual exhaust head itself is a *lot* cooler and you can definitely remove the heat shield under the rear cowl. Even if you have a passenger it wont be too hot. I can touch it and keep my fingers on it at full temp. The carbon fibre part you can't even tell if it heats up.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I realize this may be a bit of a late response, but I *just* installed an Akrapovic on my CBR, and despite the link pipe being titanium, it still gets ******* hot. Enough to burn your leg if you don't put the heat shield on it. Though I could poke it with my finger at full temp and it wouldn't burn instantly, so definitely cooler than the stock.

The actual exhaust head itself is a *lot* cooler and you can definitely remove the heat shield under the rear cowl. Even if you have a passenger it wont be too hot. I can touch it and keep my fingers on it at full temp. The carbon fibre part you can't even tell if it heats up.
So did you end up removing the lower heat shield? Are you going to keep it off?

·
Registered
40 Posts
So did you end up removing the lower heat shield? Are you going to keep it off?
I took the heat shield off under the tail cowl, it isn't needed. I left the heat shield on the link pipe though, because that could definitely burn your leg still if you aren't careful.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I took the heat shield off under the tail cowl, it isn't needed. I left the heat shield on the link pipe though, because that could definitely burn your leg still if you aren't careful.
I did the same thing on mine.. have no problem what so ever.

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
OEM Heat Shields

I've experienced no problems whatsoever since removing both the upper and lower heat shields.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don't run a heatshield at all, same with leg guard, I removed both at the same time I changed my slip-on. My leg doesn't burn at all and niether do my jeans or boots. It's hot to the touch yeah, but not enough to cause an issue imho.

Had no problems what so ever with plastics etc. I run a Carbon fibre Two Brothers :)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Seems like it's 50/50 regarding leaving the lower heatshield that covers the link pipe and removing it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Here's a video if my bike after installing my slip on: Take note at 1:14 - your bike can look that sexy too!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
291 Posts
Cause i'm in the EU - This was minutes after install so I wanted to know how loud it was with the baffle in, wasn't loud enough so I took it out but didn't get another video of it!

It's out now and has been for a good 600 miles or so, still not sure if it's loud enough though :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts