Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the bike is an 08 600rr. im the second owner. its still bone stock. picked it up with 2600 miles and it now has about 4200 miles on it. i changed the oil to amsoil 10w40 full syn. before even riding it. never had the bike in the shop and previous owner was 40 somethin year old and went easy on the bike.

so i was riding the other day and was on a empty country road and got on the throttle pretty good. went up from 3rd to 4th to 5th then all of a sudden it slips back to fourth right away. i was shifting around 11,000. and it happened the next day in roughly the same exact scenario. Any ideas or questions? i hasn't happened since then and ive ridden it quite a bit.

·
Registered
340 Posts
ok the bike is an 08 600rr. im the second owner. its still bone stock. picked it up with 2600 miles and it now has about 4200 miles on it. i changed the oil to amsoil 10w40 full syn. before even riding it. never had the bike in the shop and previous owner was 40 somethin year old and went easy on the bike.

so i was riding the other day and was on a empty country road and got on the throttle pretty good. went up from 3rd to 4th to 5th then all of a sudden it slips back to fourth right away. i was shifting around 11,000. and it happened the next day in roughly the same exact scenario. Any ideas or questions? i hasn't happened since then and ive ridden it quite a bit.
Probably didn't use enough force on the shifter?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle app

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would laugh if it was from being a ***** lol, i actually was shifting kinda lightly too.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
More than likely just a little more gusto needed on the shifter... other than that possibly worn dogs.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Have you tried clutchless shifting? If you can up shift through the gears without the clutch then it's probably just a fact of being too light on the shifter.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
How worn could they be at 4500 miles? Just wondering is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle app
Depends on how you treat them... You could break them off entirely in that time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts