Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been looking at them and listening to some of you all speak of them. My question Is..
I am a Half / Half Rider meaning that I ride about 3 days a week and Ride the weekends messing around. I live In Az and there are a LOT of cool places to go. So I am wondering Is there ANY advantage to me getting a slipper clutch?? I will probably only do Track - Days once In a while, Actually I got Free Track - Day W/ Lessons and Ect.. Other than that, That's it..
Thank You
Stephen

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all depends how hard you ride really

Well at times I like to " Feel " Like I am a Moto Gp Guy and TRY to act It out.. But in reality.. I AM FAR FROM IT!!! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't we all bro, i get of the back after and i'm waiting for my champers and a brolly dolly

So I am left with wondering.. Is it worth it ?? I do have the $ for it, But I keep asking my self.. Do I Really Need It..
DAMNIT....

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you suffer from the reall wheel locking up or chattering when shifting down
Rarely.... Though I am careful In trying to avoid that

·
Registered
353 Posts
This is the only thing I don't like about this bike, wait I don't like those gray mid-fairings LOL
that's cuz you got the red one. they look much better on the black one. black is faster anyway. haha i'm just messin around. someone painted their mids red and it looked really good tho.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I personally don't think you should ride hard in the beautiful AZ countryside... leave it to the track... You really don't need it right now... It is more important to concentrate on your racing lines, your throttle control, and body position... after you are good on all that... you will naturally progress into needing a slipper..

That is what I do... My instructors said I have very nice lines... I scraped my OEM rearset once and quickly backed off.. now I have a new rearset and will try it out... I prefer to do my upgrades bit by bit, so I can grow into the changes that were made... If I rush and build everything in at once, there will be too many new learning variables.. My next upgrade is brake kit and rotors... which will be done in a couple of weeks once I get a couple of trackdays with the new rearset

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally don't think you should ride hard in the beautiful AZ countryside... leave it to the track... You really don't need it right now... It is more important to concentrate on your racing lines, your throttle control, and body position... after you are good on all that... you will naturally progress into needing a slipper..

That is what I do... My instructors said I have very nice lines... I scraped my OEM rearset once and quickly backed off.. now I have a new rearset and will try it out... I prefer to do my upgrades bit by bit, so I can grow into the changes that were made... If I rush and build everything in at once, there will be too many new learning variables.. My next upgrade is brake kit and rotors... which will be done in a couple of weeks once I get a couple of trackdays with the new rearset

WoW.. I like that advice... BUT Az Has roads that YELL OUT.. RIDE ME
Thank you for that advice, It is MUCH appreciated
Stephen

·
Registered
995 Posts
^ No prob Stephen... I was on vacation at AZ in May and I was screaming in my head: "I wish I had my RR out here!!!" LOL...

Oh also, learn on braking too! Hell, if I lived near you, I'd go to California Superbike School for some good tips! Ben

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^ No prob Stephen... I was on vacation at AZ in May and I was screaming in my head: "I wish I had my RR out here!!!" LOL...

Oh also, learn on braking too! Hell, if I lived near you, I'd go to California Superbike School for some good tips! Ben
That Is funny you say about the school in Cali.. Well my Local Honda shop has a AMA racer his Name Is Mark ?? I can not spell his name. Well when I bought the bike I got FREE track day / W/riding lessons and another guy that Is now the GM of the shop and he also used to be a Pro Racer. So we will see, I chose to do the Track Day Ect. In October due to the CRAZY HEAT.. I am excited. Mark is supposed to be well known, I will have to get the spelling of his name and write it here, Maybe some of you have heard of him. At the track here he is FEARED!! so I am told, So knowing that I am being patient and gonna take every OUNCE of lessons he is giving. Also told me he would set up my suspension according to my weight and height
I am like a kid in a CANDY shop waiting for Christmas.. OCT. CANT come soon enough.
Thanks for the advice, Very Appreciated
Stephen

·
Registered
995 Posts
how's the wheather like in October?? Last year in November, the Texas weather was about 85 plus... They had a track day school and it was the most amount of accidents due to the cooler temperature... I'd rather ride in 100 plus heat with good grip on tires... besides, when you are concentrating on riding... you'll forget about the heat, it is only when you stop is when it gets hot..

·
Registered
132 Posts
do you suffer from the reall wheel locking up or chattering when shifting down
You know I've never really had the problem with any other bike until my 07...but then again my 07 just makes me want to corner more and harder. lol

·
Registered
995 Posts
yeah, I did brake hard once in a turn where I was comfy and the rear did slide and jump and chatter ... before my disability and my old 03, I used to brake so freaking hard and at every corner that I swear I felt like the WSBK Superstock racers with their rear slipping and sliding all the time! I used to have lots of head shakes in my front too as I accelerate out of the corner...

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how's the wheather like in October?? Last year in November, the Texas weather was about 85 plus... They had a track day school and it was the most amount of accidents due to the cooler temperature... I'd rather ride in 100 plus heat with good grip on tires... besides, when you are concentrating on riding... you'll forget about the heat, it is only when you stop is when it gets hot..

Well the instructors said to me that the end of Sept. Right now its 115 degrees out. There saying that this will be an all day thing and that If I have never had Full Leathers on and the heat + out side heat, He is saying that it will be hard to concentrate.. So he recommends end of Sept. Your right its about 85-90 degrees on Oct at worse. I am concerned that Heat exhaustion could effect me. I already once in 06 at my job ( UPS ) had heat exhaustion and had to be RUSHED to Hospital.. I am very AFRAID of that feeling again, I swear I think it took months to get right again..
So, I think I will trust there judgment on this one..
Thanks Though
Stephen

·
Registered
132 Posts
^^^Thats because they work us drivers too fukking hard!!! i'm running 220+ stops a day now...like a freaking 12 hour planned day. That plus 90+ degree heat is a painful killer.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^^Thats because they work us drivers too fukking hard!!! i'm running 220+ stops a day now...like a freaking 12 hour planned day. That plus 90+ degree heat is a painful killer.

LoL you know what I mean..... Damn that had to be one of the worse days of my life, Ya know to boot the Sups. TRIED to blame me and say It was MY FAULT.. LOL they said I didn't drink enough Fluids.. I said yeah rt.. FU I didnt, 2gal of H20 and 96 oz of Gaterade.. Yeah ok my fault..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts