Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 06 600rr for two days now. Everything is cool with this bike so far. It is to be my track/race bike. However, today I was looking down at the swing arm, and on the edge I see some sloppy welding. So sloppy that it catches my eye everytime I look in that direction. To make matters worse, my riding buddy has a 2005 CBR600rr, I dropped by his place for lunch, and looked at his 05 swingarm welding. The welding on the 05 is NEAT AS A PIN.

The dealer is closed today, will take it up with them tomorrow. This is a Honda issue, not a dealer one. If this is normal, that you all can give me my fews words back! :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
May get more responses if you post pics of the welds in question. Mine seem pretty clean all around

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yo, you have troubles with your Baby already?

You should probably check out the other 06s at the shop, see if they all look like that or maybe you have a defect. If it is defective write to Honda, express your issue.

Honestly, I would like to see what you have, but that may be difficult.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sijray21 said:
did you not see this before you bought the bike? why would you buy it if it was that obvious?

oh yeah, post pics
If you knew the old man like I do, you wouldn't think that. Dude cleans his bike to show like cleanliness between sessions at trackdays, who knows what he will do when we get him racing...

It may not have been obvious to anyone, but once the excitment started to wear off, he spotted it.

We do need pics though.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
apbt600rr said:
May get more responses if you post pics of the welds in question. Mine seem pretty clean all around
Cool, it's the swingarm, and just on the right side. Just found out the dealer is open today. Will be stopping by in a few hours.

BTW, I didn't get a tool kit, does the 06 600rr come with a tool kit???

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
steelrain said:
Yo, you have troubles with your Baby already?

You should probably check out the other 06s at the shop, see if they all look like that or maybe you have a defect. If it is defective write to Honda, express your issue.

Honestly, I would like to see what you have, but that may be difficult.
David, in about 1 hour I will be at the dealer and the first thing I will do is look at the other 600rr. If that one is like mine, no complaint. But, if it is clean like I just saw on my buddies 05. Then I will have the dealer get in touch with the Honda rep. No real big deal, but it is an eyesore. Will post a pic when I get home today..

Looks like I am everywhere! :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sijray21 said:
did you not see this before you bought the bike? why would you buy it if it was that obvious?

oh yeah, post pics
No, didn't see it before I purchased the bike.

And the reason I purchased it without seeing the bad weld, is because everybody that knows me, knows that I can see chit!! I got 3 pair of glasses, and I try to be cool and don't wear any of them, only when I am reading and on the computer.

I am half blind and deaf!! :)

I will be at the dealer in about a hour, and I will be home in about 2 hours, I will post some pics.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics of the sloppy welds.

I hope I don't sound like a nit picker, and please tell me if I do. But, this bike is a day old. Not my first Honda either. The weld missed my eye when I first got it, and plus I didn't do a comparison to another bike. Now, I have looked at 3 600rr, one an 05 and the other two were 06 models. All the welds on them are uniform and not ragged and sloppy like mine. Here are some pics. BTW, the pics are sloppy.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
123 Posts
If all the other bikes didn't look like yours, i'd be pissed too! it does look like it's just cosmetic. Maybe you can have the dealer swap your swingarm.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
purely cosmetic... you could sand it and polish it if you really wanted, or powder coat it... I understand that it's one of those things that once you notice it, it just eats at you... but heck it's aluminum man that stuff is tougher than anything to weld... So the guy coughed or somethen and fattened his bead... then sneezed and tapped the weld with the tungsten... it's still damn fine work.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts