Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the slowest possible speed while maintaining control of the bike you can scrape your knee?

C

·
0 Posts
Goodness...here we go with all the flux capacitor talk again, lol.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Due to Honduh's mass centralization efforts on the RR, which included relocating the blinker fluid reservoir lower and nearer the center of the bike, it's possible to drag knee on this bike at a lower speed than most other bikes.

·
Registered
736 Posts
yeah off topic what dot fluid goes in my blinkers anyway? please keep in mind they are not stock! hahaha

·
Registered
401 Posts
5mph is a good guess but you willbe counter weighting the bike alot to get it that low and you will be "forcing the knee"

Just be patient, I rarely drag knee because of my "body off" riding style, when I didn't know much better and I kept upper body pretty much centerline I was draggin' EVERYWHERE.

Work on form - head down, arms draped, knees and calves pulling the bike to the ground, etc. Dragging kneww at 130+ is a much nicer than at low speed.

DO NOT force your knee down either, thats a good way to make your leathers catch [instead of the plastic or ceremic puck), and that is not fun at all.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
just for kicks you could calculate it. Figure out what the smallest turning radius is when the bike is leaned say 45 degrees off vertical. calculate the centripetal force required to hold the bike up..... I need to get back to work.... I need to drink less coffee.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
When I had my yzf I was showing off for the neighborhood kids in my driveway and I did a stoppie..Well.when I came down I dropped the bike (while all the kids laughed at me) and my knee was on the ground....so I "technically" had control and my knee down so I say the slowest speed possible would have to be 0mph

Its possible , ask all these little fukers that were laughin at me!!!!

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
You can get your knee down at 0 MPH. It is just getting it back up again that is hard.
jk.....
Actually, it is a question I have considered but am not willing to experiment with....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts